Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kismet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet.

way to go Rodney, you are an inspiration to us all, take care and good luck..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet, an update.

Hi Rodney,
    Admire the way you’ve handled extremely hard time of health problems and the upheaval of having to leave
    Your lovely home and relocate to the city. True grit from an old Southend boy who made good, wish you and
    Your lovely wife good luck in all that you d. Cheers, John Collier.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fantastic Rodney, for both yourself and your wife, both very gutsy people, and i wish you both well for the future. I told my wife last week, the day we both said in church 54 years ago *to love and honour, in sickness and health etc *, well the days are now arriving, nothing like you are going through, but two new knees for Chris, plus two carpel tunnel ops, means multi ferry trips to the mainland, and this old fella having to have a demo on the washing machine, and where are the cook books etc, so listening to you Rodney, i,ve nothing to moan about, best regards kt
    R689823

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Hopefully, my own situation has now been solved after three cancellations. Each time it is a big set back and I just adjusted to the thought that there must be many others in the same boat or worse off. After 12 months have had the op and touch wood all will be ok.

Thoughts now are for all others and best wishes to all that have suffered, are suffering or will in the future.

May your god or belief keep you strong and safe and best wishes to all.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders great news mate just hang in there.
    Guy I know here in town had the same op a few weeks back, says it has changed his life for the better and is going great guns.

But on the subject, I was sent on Saturday for an Echo Stress test.
    Wired up like a space man while the nurse check the heart for who knows what.
    Then onto the tread mill.
    Going good but getting a bit puffed when the speed was increased, after 4.5 minutes the doc says you can stop now if you wish, so I did.
    He then said why did you stop the test is for six minutes.
    You never told me that at the start.
    More poking around on the bench, then told your GP will get the result Monday.
    Sunday went for a 7.5 kilometer walk which we did in 1 hour 40.
    Monday 1700 hours and no word, so just wait and see.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Rodney Mills, Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm officially boatless… Yesterday I sold my boat, after having a boat for twenty-three years. I started my nautical career as a galley boy and ended it as a captain of a vessel 1/1000 the size of an aircraft carrier, not bad career move really.

We've sold our lovely home and we are out of here Dec 2. and have signed the lease for an apartment, but cannot move in until Dec 9th. so we will be homeless people for ten days.

It's rather sad really, we have had to dump hundreds of books, nobody want's books anymore other than true blue book-worms, but the most important thing is my sweetheart is responding well to her treatment, meaning she has stabilized. But at each monthly test my heart is in my throat awaiting the test results. Our new home is only ten minutes from the hospital and doctors, that's better than being an hour and half away each way and two and half for some.

Living in the same house and being in one's eighties means we have outlived most of our friends and neighbors or many have already made the move.

I've always had the opinion in life "when one door closes another door opens", but for the first time in my life it feels not an opportunity, but like turning the clock back to the beginning years before I bought my first house. Anybody been through a similar situation and if so how did it turn out...regrets, a positive move?

At least I won't have to fix anything like dripping taps etc.. I've got rid of all my tools except a couple of screwdrivers, small hammer, pliers and a small sample of nails and screws. I'll just ring down for the complex's maintenance man.
    Last edited by Rodney Mills; 18th November 2019 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    . Anybody been through a similar situation and if so how did it turn out...regrets, a positive move?

:
    Rodney, I lost my first wife many moons ago to cancer in both lungs and the liver, she didn't smoke or drink, some time life is strange, I had two young daughters at the time and thought it was the end of the world, but had to keep going because of the girls at home and my employees working abroad. You can do only what you can do and some things are beyond your control, but as long as there is love then it is the best thing to offer.

As far as the flat is concerned consider it a good move, doesn't feel like it at first, because we miss our house, garden and garage, especially the garage for messing about in, miss all my tools too. With my current wife we moved to an apartment with a balcony and big rooms four years ago, and I now consider it one of the better moves I made, private parking, groundsman, although I still involve myself with some maintenance and planning, also on the up side, no lawns or gardens to worry about, see a cheap holiday, just turn off the water, close and lock the door and bu**er off .

From your posts you have love in abundance and I feel sure it is appreciated by your wife and probably means more to her than anything else you can give.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rod, You are in my thoughts and prayers very best wishes Terry.
    {terry scouse}

10. Thanks Chris Allman, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Rodney I feel that I can empathise with you to a point, I lost my wife of 48 years ten years ago this Christmas and believe me
    it still feels raw. I sold my home of 51 years last December, I bought a bungalow two miles away. The couple that bought my house couldn't
    move in until the New Year, so I used to go round to keep an eye on the place. I can't describe to you the emotion you feel walking around your
    home and see it empty for the first time since moving in 51 years before, so many memories of family and old friends at Christmas, anniversaries
    and birthday parties, the've all passed now, I sat with my wife holding hands looking in each others eyes when she passed, that is something that
    will be with me forever. I had far too much furniture etc to take with me, from a four bed house to a two bed bungalow speaks for itself. At the
    house I did so much work over the years, I built walls a garage and changed the windows, bathrooms and kitchens in all those years I almost
    rebuilt the interior of the house even put in a mahogany staircase, maybe you can see the amount of tools I built up over the years but it all had
    to go, shutting the front door on my life for the last time really was a wrench. When I lost my wife I was in a very dark place, I tried so many things
    to occupy myself, just to keep busy, my son talked me into getting a computer and then he found this site for me, as said before, I'm completely deaf
    and being on this site and able to mix with like minded shipmates has helped me to take an interest again, I'm very happy at the Bungalow and arranging the gardens as I want them to be I've bought another greenhouse as I had to leave the other one behind. It has been a hard time Rodney
    but there's always light at the end of the tunnel, my biggest loss was my wife the material things are nothing in comparison, they say time heals
    but I'm still waiting, it will all come right for you in the end Rodney. Cheers

i

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you guys for sharing a tiny portion of your lives and memories. I've read your replys a number of times and will continue too.

Thank goodness for the brotherhood of the sea.

Rodney

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast