Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Kismet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet.

Rodders, you are not down and out until the bell rings, and it 'aint gona ring for some time yet.

Hang in there, keep keeping fit if not for you but for her sake, time will come when she will need you big time, until then hang in there and enjoy life to the fullest.
    It 'aint over till the fat lady sings.

Any one know who this fat lady is?

As to noise from neighbors, we are lucky with a fully detached property on a big block.
    but some years ago just down the court from us a party was going on, up to 2300 hours no worries.
    But it continued and could be heard the other side of town I reckon.
    But I fixed it.
    Here in Oz all power boards are on the outside of the house so the meter can be read. Not any more as now smart meters do not need readers, but then it was easy, all I did was pull the main circuit breaker and left it on the lawn and legged it.
    Went very quiet after that.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Captain Kong, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: The fat lady singing.

It came from taking the "P' out of Grand Opera. Particularly The soprano singing the part of Brunnhilda in Richard Wagner's eight hour, "Ring Cycle" First she sings the "Ride of the Valkyre" in I think the fifth opera and again in the last opera , "Gotterdamerrung", The twilight of the Gods. She wears armour, a metal bra, carries a spear and shield and usualy wears a horned Viking helmet and sings her song as the Gods fight it out and the world and the opera comes to an end, thus "It ain't over until the fat lady sings." Most operatic sopranos are fat.

P.S. I have the whole eight hour opera on tape., if you have a day to spare to listen to an opera you know where you can get a copy Johno.

Rodney

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    She wears armour, a metal bra, carries a spear and shield and usualy wears a horned Viking helmet and sings
    Rodney
    Certainly beats the anti-VD kits we were issued with!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Re: The fat lady singing.

It came from taking the "P' out of Grand Opera. Particularly The soprano singing the part of Brunnhilda in Richard Wagner's eight hour, "Ring Cycle" First she sings the "Ride of the Valkyre" in I think the fifth opera and again in the last opera , "Gotterdamerrung", The twilight of the Gods. She wears armour, a metal bra, carries a spear and shield and usualy wears a horned Viking helmet and sings her song as the Gods fight it out and the world and the opera comes to an end, thus "It ain't over until the fat lady sings." Most operatic sopranos are fat.

P.S. I have the whole eight hour opera on tape., if you have a day to spare to listen to an opera you know where you can get a copy Johno.

Rodney

Rodders, I have seen photos of that lady and thanks to you I now know who she is and what she is.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Chris Allman, Rodney Mills liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6