Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kismet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet.

Such a powerful statement of never ending love, we on this site are so fortunate to be able to share and understand Rodney's difficult journey.
    sincere regards, Stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, I am not ashamed to say your wife's message brought a tear to my eyes.
    She has summed up in a few words what are the most important things in life.
    Material goods are nothing more them mere baubles along the way, true love can never be bought at any price, it is given freely and accepted with as much love as is given.

Hang in there mate, and remember, never ever give up.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Rodders, I am not ashamed to say your wife's message brought a tear to my eyes.
    She has summed up in a few words what are the most important things in life.
    Material goods are nothing more them mere baubles along the way, true love can never be bought at any price, it is given freely and accepted with as much love as is given.

Hang in there mate, and remember, never ever give up.
    The same here.

SDG

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have some good news for a change: My wife had her weekly blood test yesterday and did not need an infusion of blood platelets. That is six weeks without an infusion which means she is responding to the treatment. Sadly this does not alter the prognosis for the disease, but responding to the medication postpones the inevitable, which in simple English means it gives her more time...We'll take all the time that's going!

We have been working our asses off in between doctors visits, (Monday through Friday next (this) week). Non-doctors days mean getting the house in order to put it on the market; rainy days inside, sunny days outside. If the rain holds up tomorrow (Sunday) it's power-washing the dock. If it rains its sorting out our books, what we can keep and what goes. Today (Saturday) we dumped our dive gear. Sad, we had great memories of marvelous sights we've seen underwater.

I'm saddened at having to sell the house, after all we have lived here twenty-two years. I love the house and the view and the animals we enjoy watching. This morning we watched a deer graze across the canal while we had breakfast. Not much we can do, as further along the line it will be impossible to drive to the hospital and doctors. We have moved Jm's treatment and doctor to Florence from Charleston which is a great help. A one hour drive instead of two and a half each way.

Florence is where we will be moving to once we sell and renting an apartment. So the hospital and doctors will just be minuets away. We would have had to have done this anyway, just for shopping and avoiding the tribulations of owning a home. It's been getting too much for me.

We ruled out Charleston as a place to live as it has exploded population wise and the price of apartments are very high now and the traffic is catching up on L.A... It is no longer the sleepy little Southern town, as industry has moved in, Boeing for one, and the port of Charleston has been enlarged and dredged deeper to accommodate these ugly, huge, container ships and the floating apartment buildings they call cruise ships, which has led to huge container transfer stations and multiple warehouses, shame really.

Florence doesn't have much character, but as one gets older medical becomes an issue, and they have good doctors and hospitals there, so Florence it is.

Well that's us up-to-date and as I have had some good news to share with you I'll sign-off with a joke.

The Tourist Office has notified all senators, congressmen and women along with all elected officials from any country, that they have opened a bungy-jump over Niagara Falls and any elected official can have a free jump. They stress "no strings attached."

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great news Rodney very positive and cheering news in such sad times for you both. Glad to see you have kept your sense of humour, wish you both strength and faith. Very best wishes Ken
    R 800658 Kn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    We have some good news for a change: Sad, we had great memories of marvelous sights we've seen underwater.

The Tourist Office has notified all senators, congressmen and women along with all elected officials from any country, that they have opened a bungy-jump over Niagara Falls and any elected official can have a free jump. They stress "no strings attached."

Cheers, Rodney
    Hi Rodney, tough times indeed mate, it's good to see you in such a positive frame of mind , I had my bad
    time 9 years ago so have an idea what you are going through, can only hope for you both that medication
    gives you as much time together as possible. My best wishes to you and your lovely wife. John Collier
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th April 2019 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thinking of you both Rodney , All the best
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, every bit of good news gives you some small peace of mind.
    Hang on to that mate, hang in and never ever give up.
    Most importantly now enjoy each day as if it is the last.
    Good luck to you both, our thoughts are with you.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney
    May i just echo all that has been said here to you and yours
    Keep smiling and Chins up.