Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kismet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Kismet.

I collected that t-shirt between 2004 and 2006 and there isn't any fancy words that I can say except don't miss a moment and don't not say a word enjoy the time that you have and the one thing I found that actually helped was prayer
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well and honestly said Rob. Prayer is usually the last form of life , and is done in a lot of cases whilst still mobile and performing your duties. Is done in the mind when all Hope seems to have gone. It is nothing to be ashamed of. You may not even believe in a God but he or she is the last deity you appeal to for help and salvation. For yourself or others JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th February 2019 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###perhaps 3 or 4 times in my life i have been at a loss which way to get some peace of mind .....i am not a church person but have found in asking for help some form of peace has come to me ......i find this not easy to write but perhaps rodney may find solace here .....seek and you shall find has worked for me .cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy I have just a few hours ago come from a probus club meeting. The guest speaker was a member of a charity club, and a recent post about charity’s received a bad report. Let me say there are at least one to my knowledge a perfectly good one. At the same meeting a woman stood up and gave an account of finding her husband dead on the floor after suffering a heart attack. She stood there and spoke from her soul even though this was a number of years ago. Most members of this club are elderly , one of them who is in his 90s is an ex marine engineer from Frazerbrough in Scotland around the corner from Aberdeeen and his mind is still as clear as
    a bell.. As one gets older one realises the wealth of knowledge and experience some of these people still have, and to cap it all they still like their beer and wine. I am going to give a talk about ships to a breakfast men’s Church Group this Saturday . A thing I thought I would never do, but some of these old people are genuinely interested about others . We are all in our twilight years whether we know it or not. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th February 2019 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Cappy I have just a few hours ago come from a probus club meeting. ................

As one gets older one realises the wealth of knowledge and experience some of these people still have, and to cap it all they still like their beer and wine. I am going to give a talk about ships to a breakfast men’s Church Group this Saturday . A thing I thought I would never do, but some of these old people are genuinely interested about others . We are all in our twilight years whether we know it or not. Cheers JS.
    ##we have as we get older a vast amount of knowledge.....i only wish i had asked more from my elders and there lives in the 20s and 30s .....there is nothing that has not happened before that cannot be forwarned against....but still we make the same mistakes ....it is the arrogance of man that refuses to listen to those that have been there....but the same arrogance takes him to the stars .......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney
    There are no words that we can say to express our sorrow at your dear wife's diagnosis, we only hope that in the time you have left together you can share the memories and laughter of a love match made in heaven.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First thank you for your kind and inspirational comments: Our lives seemed centered around in-patient hospital infusion treatment for my wife, coupled with me getting as much medical problems out-of-the-way. Example cataract surgery: three weeks ago my right eye, last week my left. Today we have treatment (five days this week) for my wife, then fifty drive forty miles to my optician for a check-up on my left eyes progress, then drive home. Tomorrow and following morrows will be more of the same. Our weekends and spare moments are used in clearing the house of the "things" we've accumulated over the twenty-odd years we have lived here to prepare for its sale

Though it's too early to tell if the treatment for my bride is working there are a couple of good signs, she has not needed blood replacement for two weeks. "Two swallows do not a summer make," and there is no cure for her illness, but if the treatment is acceptable the end is delayed and I'll grab any extra moment I can.

I have a quick peek on the site when I can to check that all is well with you guys.

A ray of sunshine. My wife sent me the following e-mail:

To my husband.

When we get to the end of our lives together, the house we had, the cars we drove, the things we possessed won't matter. What will matter is that I had you, and you had me.

I'll love you forever and a day. Jeanmarie

Thanks once again shipmates. Rodney

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Again thoughts are with you and yours.

God Bless.

Keith.

9. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To my husband.

Quote -
    When we get to the end of our lives together, the house we had, the cars we drove, the things we possessed won't matter. What will matter is that I had you, and you had me.
    I'll love you forever and a day. Jeanmarie

To my way of thinking these words are the ones that are the most important and beautiful i've read so far.
    All of your friends on site can write very thoughtful and supportive messages but nothing can come close to your wife's message.
    My very best wishes also for the future together.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our sincere thoughts and best wishes to you and your wife Rodney, faith and strength be with you both, take care.
    R 800658 Kn

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast