Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heavy Weather

gray_marian Guest

Default Re: Heavy Weather

Richard, I hope this wee story cheers you up and that, will remind you of all the wonderful times you had with Cleo. A year after my favourite dog had to be put down, off we went to the pound where I selected "Bruce" 2yrs named after Wallace in the film "Braveheart"...For the first six months he raided the bins, slept on the beds or sofa's whatever took his fancy! Bolted at every opportunity which forced us to leave a window open for his return in the early hours and caressed every leg available until the inevitable snip We lived in a remote area so as usual I took him the weekly shop. [He did not like being left alone] On my return he was very subdued as I filled the car boot. Thinking he cannot be feeling well tried to coax him from the pedals, he was extremely reluctant then I realised....
    All over the roof, the seats, the doors were little stalagmites of poo. Using up most of the purchased kitchen and loo rolls finally was able to drive home. By this time Brucie baby was feeling grand and sprawled out on the back seat on top of newspapers deciding which open window to pop his head out. Sitting at traffic lights, hands on steering wheel noticed under my nails were caked in you know what. Once home discovered the plastic tub containing my amoxil medication had been chewed,thankfully he had only eaten two....
    Last edited by gray_marian; 21st February 2015 at 01:15 AM.

2. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Likes Richard Quartermaine, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Richard in this sad and sorry world a dog can be solace from the daily stupidity that man inflicts on society. When our dearly beloved Boxer died, roughly 18 months ago, Joy and I sat down and counted all the sweet creatures that had shared our life. The tally of birds, cats, and dogs was alarming. Rightly or wrongly we decided no more, however the memory of our faithful Boxer dogs will never fade. Cleo will be in a peaceful place I am sure, Regards Neil.
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

4. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard, loosing a pet is no different to loosing a member of your family, been there done that. Time heals but you will never ever forget them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks each and every one for your kind words and feelings of your own affections.
    We buried Cleo in the back garden yesterday morning in view of the kitchen window and not far from her (mostly) Irish wolfhound 'sister' Jemima's spot under the lawn who passed away over thee years ago. I showed Margaret your posts and she was comforted to think that Cleo was being thought about all over the world.
    When we drove into the driveway after shopping today there was no excited face at the upstairs window and again in the window by the front door and the excitement as all the bags were sniffed. It was heart wrenching.
    The guilty dogs are normally behind their fences but the leader had jumped the gate and burrowed into his friend's property from where they emerged. Tomorrow I am presenting the two neighbours with our vet bills and a warning that I may dob them in.
    Kindest regards,
    Richard
    Photo - Cleo left Jemima right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

8. Thanks cappy, N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2