Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Avenue Photos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Avenue Shipping.

Hi Dave, I have one epaulette button from Trinders,(was on Australind)-- you are welcome to have it for your collection. cheers Des Eustace

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Avenue Photos

I was on the Antrim would have been around about 67.Good crowed and happy ship still in touch with a couple lifelong pals who were on it also.Cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Avenue Photos

Charlie the year I spent on a sabbatical from the North Sea in other words there were no jobs, this was in 86. I served on two ships which cant remember their names. The managers were I believe but could be wrong, somewhere north of London. There were a couple of people on board who mentioned Avenue Shipping which I had never heard of before. Can you give me a list of names of these ships as might give me a flash of light from the 40 watt bulb sitting on top of my head, as to the two ships I cant remember, and in case they were tied up with Avenue shipping in any way. The first one I was on we were taking China Clay to Italy and salt back from Majorca or one of the other Islands to Belfast, the other one with general and odds and sods from France to the USA and South America. etc. both about 4 to 5000 deadweight. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Avenue pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hill View Post
    Any luck so far with your Avenue pictures Ausssie ? I have just arrived on this site - if you are interested, I have some interesting stuff, including some MOVIE film of the "Donegal" c. 1963. I was on her - as Deck Apprentice - for three years 1962-65, and the film was taken by the Chief Engineer Gilbert Filshie OBE . Let me know how you're doing,
    Best wishes,
    Ian
    Hello Ian,I have just come across your post. I served as Deck Cadet on the Donegal in 1968 under Capt.Ridout. I would dearly love to see a copy of the film that you mention,is it possible to get one after all this time ?Regards, John
    Regards,

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Avenue pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hill View Post
    Any luck so far with your Avenue pictures Ausssie ? I have just arrived on this site - if you are interested, I have some interesting stuff, including some MOVIE film of the "Donegal" c. 1963. I was on her - as Deck Apprentice - for three years 1962-65, and the film was taken by the Chief Engineer Gilbert Filshie OBE . Let me know how you're doing,
    Best wishes,
    Ian
    Hello Ian, I was also a cadet on the Donegal in the 60's,unfortunately we never met.Did you have any luck tracing this film ? I would dearly love to see a copy
    Regards,

John

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3