Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Millionaire and the Hot seat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Millionaire and the Hot seat

For those who watched the Australian quiz The Hotseat today , and there has been questions on the public’s knowledge of merchant shipping , I think one of the questions today would clarify what the public’s knowledge is….The question what colour is the background of the Australian Merchant ship ensign. Pink Blue, Green,Red, Yellow , Pale blue.? You have 60 seconds to answer . After 55 seconds he passed , the next contestant had to answer and think he said green. So was out. What amazed me was that the first contestant was an ex Royal Marine and had seen service in the Falklands war. JS
    Unless he was playing the quiz to stay in the game by passing and coming in later. As it turned out he was the last man standing and walked away with $10,000 . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 10th November 2023 at 11:23 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Millionaire and the Hot seat

We watch it most night John, but the show has had some stuff ups of its own, we have been waiting for some of the contestants to complain.
    Saw the one you are on about. I prefer Letters and Numbers, lifted my math's to dizzy heights.
    Des
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I watch that Who Wnats to be a Millionaire nearly each Night, i think its agreat way to test yourself, and if i may say so and no Bull, i do pretty damn well, even the Wife says Gee love didnt know you were so up to date 1 lol

But i must say that on quite a few Shows i am amazed by the lack of Knowledge by some Contestants on really simple Questions , and many of the Questions on Australia especially that i feel most all should know, well apparently not!

Dont know if you recall the one Show a wee while back where that Guy ( Middle Age Gay) won the Million, he was so delighted and tears flowed! Even gave me a Lump in my Throat!

He was again in the Audience a few Weeks back , watching one of his Relatives i think it was. But Alas she did not Win any Money.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 11th November 2023 at 02:25 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It comes on here about 1600 that’s a couple of hours behind you then Doc so if you were watching two nights ago and the same performance you would of seen , he was a Scotsman his wife was also Scots. Cheers JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes saw that JS he was quite a big fellow !
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

6. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So was she. It’s all that porridge .JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw that one, but at times we are quite amazed at how dumb some people are.
    Then those who say 'that was before my time'
    Obvious education is not what it was.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are right John, Before my time is the excuse, so was Jesus, Moses, and even King Kong and Frank Sinatra but they know about them.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Johnno and JSW.

A lot depends on one's attitude*and nerve.* My formal education ended at age 15, like many on this site.* Informally, I spent a large (then) part of my income taking home study courses, to finish with the equivalent of a a US high school certificate.* I went on paying for home study college courses*in English and business math.
    So, I had a good attitude, later in life, as far as continuing education.

Now to what I call nerve; I suffer from what is called in everyday English, "stage fright". Plus, I am a corrected sufferer of stuttering.* It's impossible for me to stand before an audience and a microphone and engage in public speaking.* I am the one behind the throne whispering advice and solutions in the King's ear.* The plotter and schemer, not the mouthpiece.

I was once forced by circumstances to be the Master of Ceremonies at an awards dinner.* My first part of the ceremony was to introduce the head table, about 12 people including my wife and myself.* I was given a card with the names and job titles of the ten and the words "Self" and "Spouse".* All went well until*I got to the last one, the person sitting to my left it said "Spouse".*

I said something like .*"...and my wife........(duh!)"* I then knew what "a pregnant pause" meant.* My then wife said "Marlene".* Unbeknownst to me the live mike in front of me picked it up and also me repeating "...Marlene.* The room dissolved into a roar of laughter. And boy did I catch it later when we got home.

I'm sure these candidates on quiz shows went through all sorts of screening tests for general knowledge and passed with flying colors. The show's producers sure don't want a a bunch of duds, neither would the ad sponsors. My quess is they came down with stage fright.

Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney David Richard Mills
    R602188 Gravesend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As we have all been through the university of life , we do well at quiz shows I reckon. Then comes the modern day pop music question, or the one about some Rapper most of us would be clueless.
    Last edited by James Curry; 12th November 2023 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast