Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Religions

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Religions

Just come back from shopping in this little town of ours. In Aldis a vision passed us by, a woman completely covered in Black, just like those in that camp in Syria, a little boy who she completely ignored trailed her as she sped along searching the shelves. Apparently Cooma which has the usual portion of mixed religions who all get along, has a small mixed race of religions but no one sees them. as it should; each to its own. in fifteen years of living here we have never had anyone approach us asking to join a church, as it should be.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We once got a letter in the post offering salvation with some minor church of sorts.
    We have a paper shredder here, comes in handy at times.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan. The UK arms industry is worth £billions a year. BAE systems share price has increased in value 47.5% in the last 12 months and a massive 82% in less than 18 months.
    So we are not all squeaky clean. Just the same as many nations Purveyors of death and destruction.

Why did you not mention Israel in #10,

Not so the Israeli's

Newly declassified British documents have provided details on reported Israeli arms sales to Argentina before and during the United Kingdom’s war with Great Britain over the Falkland Islands in 1982.

A report by the Telegraph said the Jewish state had provided Buenos Aires with Skyhawk fighter jets which were used during the conflict to sink four British warships, killing dozens of soldiers.

The documents quoted by the paper also noted that arm sales continued well after the war ended, with Israel maintaining they were necessary to support its domestic arms industry.

So there is your quote for the love of money Ivan !!!

Perhaps a lot of the weapons being used to kill innocent Israeli & Palistine women & children are being produced in the UK.Loads of money to be made producing goods to kill fellow human beings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post

Why did you not mention Israel in #10,
    Because I knew I could rely on you to do so. Somehow I think you missed the point of the post.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Ivan I did not miss the point of the post.

You mentioned the French love of money did you not ? So the state of Israel does or did not have a love for money, Really Ivan ????

Meanwhile we have a bunch in the House of commons who are scared of upsetting the Jewish community in the UK. They will not appeal for a ceasefire on the grounds of humanity, tut tut, to do so would be deemed to be anti-semitism.

People seem to conveniently forget this incident

King David Hotel bombing
    Then, in what GCHQ historian John Ferris called an act which “finalised the Anglo-Zionist divorce”, on July 22 Irgun terrorists bombed the British headquarters at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing more than 90 people, including GCHQ and other intelligence personnel.

While the actions of Hamas has brought this action down on the heads of the palestinians people, you do not use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.
    Last edited by James Curry; 7th November 2023 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is only one bogeyman here in this latest event, and that is Hamas. It's been fairly quiet in the area of late, but we can take the whole problem back thousands of years if it suits an argument. I notice none of the other Arab nations doing much to help out the Palestinians in their dreadful plight, or demanding the release of the Israeli hostages that were taken by such brave, heroic Hamas fighters. I've never seen such a diabolical event in my life, other than 9/11 of course, plus Manchester and any other things we could mention that all come from one direction.

9. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    No Ivan I did not miss the point of the post.

Yes James you did miss the point, because in your haste to reply (after you searched the web), what I said was, who would want the French as friends as they are professing to be your friends whilst selling arms to your immediate enemies at the same time.

Never mind James, I feel sure you will have an answer once you researched the web

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes I know it is copy and past, but well worth a read.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...e619478bac63dc

- - - Updated - - -

Ivan you love for the French as usual shines through. I understand why the French & the English do not like each other we are so much alike. One is jealous of the other. All down through history they have never been able to get along. Perhaps you need to do a bit of research as well Ivan it is a useful tool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16 you are correct and all the puffing and panting about damage to civilians is going to cut no ice . They are guilty by association with the criminals who are the cause of the upset in the first place. And like all civilians during war bear the biggest brunt of casualties. They are being used by their own leaders as cannon fodder by using them as shelter , which today is seen through , and shows their total disregard for human life of any other than themselves under the shelter also of bogus claims , and no amount of self made propaganda on here is going to alter the judgement of Israel’s leaders . They are the ones who have to live with the danger every day of similar happening , and they are not going to sit back and accept the holocaust all over again . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

His new government has pledged to prioritize settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank, extend massive subsidies to his ultra-Orthodox allies and push for sweeping reform of the judicial system that critics say could endanger the country’s democratic institutions. The plans have sparked an uproar in Israeli society, prompting criticism from the military, LGBTQ rights groups, the business community and others, and raised concerns abroad.

Benjamin Netanyahu clearly a man of peace perhaps his Ultra right wing government really want peace. He said today? that the they will remain in Gaza for the forseeable future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast