Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cynical or what ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cynical or what ?

We are coming up to the final week on this mesmerising compulsory vote on whether to change the controversial Constitution of Australia to let in a small minority of our Indiginous people who already receive help so really do not see what the vote is going to attain. When you talk about the original inhabitants of Australia before settlement and today one is talking about two different types of person . Today anyone with 1 % aborigine background is considered as such . I have more Irish , Scandanavian , Scottish , and many others unbeknown measured singularly than 1% . So what the heck is all the hassle about . Anyhow I managed to get a postal vote and have just posted off today , after finding a witness to sign it. However my wife didn’t receive a postal vote so will have to find time this week to convey her on my souped up Gopher to the nearest polling station when I find out where it is , as it has to be one with pavements that I can reach with my vehicle. Such is the sublime ignorance of our civil service , it’s either that or a $1300 fine. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cynical or what ?

Just heading out now John, my wife is a bit P as she has to use her wheelie to get to the poling place, one of the most awkward places they could find, I think they are more interested in the $1,300.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

3. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the incumbent PM one more black mark and he’s out , I don’t think by present showings he is up to the job. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No matter how the vote goes it will divide the nation.
    If NO gets up, and it appears likely, the YES men will say we are racist.

But with 11 feral and who knows how many state MP how much more do they need?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is a stupid argument and stupid to even contemplate doing in the first place and only a stupid person would contemplate trying to enforce a law which reeks of inequality in the first place. As far as I am concerned all in Australia are today have equality and rights and making a very small percentage and putting them on a pedestal and giving them more is to me is taking off Peter to pay Paul . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could this be a totally cynical political move to ensure that most of the aboriginal population votes labour at the next election? I imagine they will think that the labour party is trying to help them while the liberals are all racists. Could be a smart move.
    And if the vote does not get up will Albo do the honourable thing and fall on his sword? He has divided the nation and wasted millions of taxpayer’s dollars which could have been better spent on schools, hospitals, roads etc.

Bob

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Australia sounds as fecked up as the UK.

11. Likes Eddie Bradley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bob .
    Back in the days of the Whitlam sacking I was involved with his reelection , I knew many top Labour people, and as in all walks of life there was good and bad, but there also were complete dummies, Albanese falls into that category, He may get some backing in the next election from the Yes voters but he will still be a Du.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 10th October 2023 at 12:06 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Likes j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No James, we are still sane and basically have a reasonable gov, just a leader with stupid ideas.

The Aboriginals have the vote so they are Australian citizens, they should not have any extra than the rest of us.

Recognizing them as the original inhabitants of the land, not owners as the land is there for all not just one race, where here when the first fleet arrived would be fine, something that simple could be in the constitution, but nothing else.

As to gaining the vote for Labor, Hawke pulled a similar trick.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It all started about eight years ago and the then LNP just sat on it and done bugger all about it. At the last election the ALP went to the polls with a mandate to finally put to rest the question of the Voice. I can imagine the furor if they too did not do anything and probably loudest would be the LNP. I can not see the Yes vote getting up and mainly because of all the fecking lies that have been banded around. Not to say that the Yes lot are sqeeky clean either. This referendum was supposed to be put to the people without politics entering the fight. Makes me sick to see Dutton trying his hardest to shore up his standing within the party at the expense of muddying the waters and not just letting the people of Australia decide for themselves. Anyway come the 15th of this month I will still have to eat and wipe my backside no matter what the outcome but happy in the thought that I voted "YES".
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

16. Thanks Trevor Bodiam thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast