Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NATO & World War 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NATO & World War 3

#70 John.. when my wife and i were courting we used to go to the Black horse on a monday night , the Panama jazz band used to play there, a great night out. that would be about 1958.
    I think you mentioned that you were in the ATC 346 Squadron Tynemouth, my house stands where the headquarters used to be
    in Preston village.

2. Likes j.sabourn, Tony Taylor, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S
    Your post #65'
    During the last war many Ukrainian's fought with the SS, giving up Russians Ukrainian's fighting behind German lines, the Germans would get all the villagers from that area and lock them in the church and set fire to it, Russian people never forgot that hence the treatment of German prisoners. The Asove battalion was still full of Fascists, that is why Putin called the Ukraine President a fascist, and targeted them.
    I wish now that I had kept all the Magazines I had during the war, not full of false news that we get today, so that people today could see what the Russian people put up with, and how they fought even under a man like Stalin, but not for him, but for their country, which since the end of the war has been under threat from the Atlantic Alliance, led by the extreme rich of America who saw them as a threat to their fortunes and not anything else, the reasons today are the same.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 26th September 2022 at 12:33 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These were my pinup girls during the war, and the reason I admire the Russians. One of these girls lay in snow not moving for seven hours waiting for a senior officer to be in her sites, so long, that the German thought he was safe, she shot him. they mainly waited for NCOs or officers.
    Not the fat road sweepers we were shown after the war sweeping the streets.
    I'm not sure if there are any there who would be prepared to do this these days.
    Des

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 26th September 2022 at 01:24 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One should never forget the Cold War was a tense stand off between the Americans, the British and the Soviets which lasted for decades.

Fouro.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#74 All over the ugly bead of politics as well Fouro. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latest report from Russia is that Putin has left Moscow and is having a break in his holiday home somewhere in the Russian forests.
    Also reported that most of those called up lor conscripted will not be trained enough to withstand the Ukraine efforts.

There is no knowing how this will all playout, but one thing is for sure at some point we will all pay for it in some way.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe he’s taking time off to go to the steppes and visit the descendants of his ancient family ancestor Ghengis Khan ? He will of course be taking his shirt off. JS
    Or alternately he could have gone to his underground bunker with his imitation TV control buttons . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th September 2022 at 07:19 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des &72 &73, I don't think i would disagree with you on the Russian people, they have led a pretty horrific life for many years, the reason for that is that have always been ruled by despots, right back before the the Russian revolution, the Royal Russian family treated them so badly, and Stalin of course, and right back through to the present time with Putin. He has little regard for the people, or their treatment, him and his friends with their mega yachts and bleeding the countries money. Unfortunately, when Putin is finished, there is little hope of change, as from the past there is always another monster to take over. The only time they had hope was under Gorbachev, but the hierarchy were never going to let that continue.
    Even when this latest war come to an end, who is going to rebuild Ukraine ?, cannot see the Russians to be made to pay, any monies, yachts that the west has seized would not scratch the amount needed to rebuild.kt
    R689823

12. Thanks Keith Adams thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi des #73
    good morning, yes they certainly look good on the photograph, and so different from the ones i saw shovelling iron ore off the quay that had fallen from the crane bucket, and back into the large mound the ship was being loaded from, as a matter of conjecture or just plain interest, can you imagine the weight of the iron ore on the shovel these women where lifting sadly they didnt look anything like your picture.
    but on a lighter note when i was in spain some years ago the end of the pontoon i was tied to, directly facing was a russian brothel i never went in there until my brother-in-law came over for a couple of weeks sailing, and he wanted to see the night life on offer, i told him i would go in there for one drink and as we where sailing early the next morning and that i would then go back to my boat, it was agreed, after a couple of hours drinking else where in the port we went to sample the delights of the russians, at the bar two beautiful girls joined us and the first free drink was russian vodka, it was good to taste and was obviously genuine, the girl that was concentrating on me had the most stunning green eyes and believe me my knees where gone just looking at her face,But i was determined to go back to the boat as i was intent of sailing over to the baleric isles and i had planned it for a couple of weeks,and so time came to leave and as i rose we where asked to have a last free drink, i refused but my brother-in-law not to bright on the up-take wanted to stay and agreed to the free drink, and the girl i was with persauded me to follow suit, i sipped the drink and relised it was not the same,but although i remembered drinking it somewhere, sometime i couldnt think what it was but it definitely was not vodka, i warned my buddy and told him it was time to go, and the obvious answer came from his lips, i will just have one more, even after me warning him,
    anyway i said my good-byes to the green eyed russian temptress, and walked ten yards to my berth.
    and yes you can guess the rest my brother-in-law was not sighted for nearly a day and a half absolutely broke all his holiday money gone and with the biggest hang-over he ever had in his life,sadly it was only after he turned up that i relised what the drink was called, and that i too had most likely a similar hang-over caused by it the name of the demon drink was after-shock and believe me its name tells you all you need to know.
    tom

14. Likes j.sabourn, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those girls that Des shows were the daughters of the ones you saw shovelling iron ore droppings Thomas. I got caught with a Mickey Finn in the Caribbean but it’s a long story. Cheers JS
    R575129

16. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast