Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NATO & World War 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NATO & World War 3

Makes you wonder where all the money went before it was given away to others , ? As regards head size I reckon he’s about 7 and a quarter for his height and weight he should be 6 and seven eighths. Cheers JS
    R575129

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What I find the scariest is the the Russian people believing all the crap their Government propagander is putting out, surely they must have an inkling that the whole of the western world can't all be wrong and that the likes of Russia, China, Iran and North Korea must be right.
    Can't decide whether theyre sheep or Oik's.

4. Likes Doc Vernon, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem is we are unpaired for war we can field 147 Challenger 2 tanks, the Royal Artillery has more drones than guns and the RAF has less than 120 operational Typhoons. The army in total has about, 78000 troops 50%ish of which are support arms so at a push we may be able to field two brigades. The Army Reserve has 30000 establishment but is currently understrength and perceived as a top-up to regular understrength units. During the Cold War the TA had a total of 70000 ish troops with NATO committed and Home Defence Battalions.

We are currently sending Challenger 2's to Poland from the forward storage held in Sennelager (possibly the worst larger in the world) no doubt moving these platforms forward is a good idea but only if we take more out of storage and replace those being sent to Poland. In short, HM Forces are not prepared for war but have the right kit for Afghanistan but not for Ukraine.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It will not be down to the UK there are another 29 soon to be 31 members of NATO.

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    With the announcement that NATO forces are upping the rapid reaction force from 40,000 to 300,000 troops, are we heading for WW3. Is it just Sabre rattling and playing the Russians at their own game?

It is very easy at my age to play the keyboard warrior but sadly (doom & gloom) we are heading down the road of WW3.
    Two generations of my family fought in World Wars. Grandfather and father. I was in the MN in two wars. Something I thought would never happen. Falklands and Desert Storm. I was born in west London during World War II. I do not wish to die in a third World War.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 6th July 2022 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=James Curry;401946]This mad man Putin has to be stopped and removed.

OK, some people might think Putin is mad. But it's the fault several ignorant and foolish US presidents, the people who elected them, and their lapdogs in western Europe that this confrontation became inevitable.

JU

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=James Unger;402087]
    Quote Originally Posted by James Curry View Post
    This mad man Putin has to be stopped and removed.

OK, some people might think Putin is mad. But it's the fault several ignorant and foolish US presidents, the people who elected them, and their lapdogs in western Europe that this confrontation became inevitable.

JU
    Finally a sensible comment on this subject. I said something similar months ago - that there was another side to this conflict and that Putin was not the only fly in the ointment.

13. Likes Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 As regards the other 31 members of NATO. People must have short memory’s or maybe just want to forgive and forget ? How many countries were anti Nazism and changed their minds when Herr Hitler shouted Boo !, JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Colin you are absolutely correct. The yanks pushed the ukrainians into breaking the Minsk agreement and if you recall the yanks were instrumental in deposing the prime minister of the day for a puppet of their own choice. I read that the yanks have spent 880 billion so far to keep this gig going because the military and industrial complex needed another war after afghanistan to keep the profits rolling in. Why stupid bojo and half the UK citizens can,t or won,t understand is beyond my comprehension. The latest laugh is the biased broadcasting corp pushing out propaganda some of which that the russians were in retreat and their economy on its knees. Goebbels could not have a better job.

16. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#29 I wonder if you would post an article proving that the Ukraine broke the Minsk agreement?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

Russia officially recognised the Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics on 21 February 2022.[7] Following that decision, on 22 February 2022, Russian president Vladimir Putin declared that the Minsk agreements "no longer existed", and that Ukraine, not Russia, was to blame for their collapse.[8] Russia then invaded Ukraine on 24 February 2022.[9]

18. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast