Thread: just a few things on the news

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default just a few things on the news

now we have party gate busting out all over the news i think the thing that should be looked into is who is taking the pictures and selling them to news rags? what else is getting photographed and sold is spying a thing of the past number 10 is a working house 24/7 now if you had people working in your house at night would you not give them something to eat but that is classed as a party if i had visitors at my house after working hours there would be food laid on is that good manners or a party? but someone has taken pictures i think just to make trouble for the government, i have not been a fan of the conservative party but think what they have done right for the country the past few years has been a nightmare finding money to keep people at home? my second part of the news the Ukraine has the biggest tank graveyard in the world all parked up and most still working if they fixed them up they could have thousands of tanks in the fight? just my thoughts listening to the news jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: just a few things on the news

John, you are correct.

Number 10 and 11 Downing street may provide accommodation for the PM and treasurer but the majority of the building houses the main level of the public servcie.
    These are the permanent secretaries who actually run the nation.
    The constant factor while govs come and go.

During the power outages of the early 70's the tax office had no such problems, lights on all the time.
    While others had to cancel parties, they had all of theirs.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    now we have party gate busting out all over the news i think the thing that should be looked into is who is taking the pictures and selling them to news rags? what else is getting photographed and sold is spying a thing of the past number 10 is a working house 24/7 now if you had people working in your house at night would you not give them something to eat but that is classed as a party if i had visitors at my house after working hours there would be food laid on is that good manners or a party? but someone has taken pictures i think just to make trouble for the government, i have not been a fan of the conservative party but think what they have done right for the country the past few years has been a nightmare finding money to keep people at home? my second part of the news the Ukraine has the biggest tank graveyard in the world all parked up and most still working if they fixed them up they could have thousands of tanks in the fight? just my thoughts listening to the news jp
    John, One of the reasons i have been awol for a few months, Is Ukraine i didn't want to mix it with any others and create bloody murder,

A key source of the friction that led to the invasion has been Ukraine’s desire to join Nato – something President Putin strongly opposes.

What is Nato?
    Nato stands for the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, and is also known as the North Atlantic Alliance.

Its purpose is to guarantee the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.

Nato was founded in April 1949 in Washington DC. Its headquarters are in Brussels in Belgium.

Politically, it aims to promote democratic values, and enables members to consult and co-operate on defence and security-related issues to solve problems, build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict.

Regarding military action, Nato says it is “committed to the peaceful resolution of disputes”.

If diplomatic efforts fail, it has the military power to undertake crisis-management operations.

It uses a system of collective security, whereby its independent member states agree to mutual defence in response to an attack by any external party. It may also ally with external forces.

Which countries are in Nato?
    There are currently 30 countries in Nato; 27 in Europe, two in North America and one in Eurasia.

Here are the countries, along with the year they joined:

Albania (2009)
    Belgium (1949)
    Bulgaria (2004)
    Canada (1949)
    Croatia (2009)
    Czech Republic (1999)
    Denmark (1949)
    Estonia (2004)
    France (1949)
    Germany (1955)
    Greece (1952)
    Hungary (1999)
    Iceland (1949)
    Italy (1949)
    Latvia (2004)
    Lithuania (2004)
    Luxembourg (1949)
    Montenegro (2017)
    Netherlands (1949)
    North Macedonia (2020)
    Norway (1949)
    Poland (1999)
    Portugal (1949)
    Romania (2004)
    Slovakia (2004)
    Spain (1982
    Turkey {1952 }
    U K {1945 }
    u s a {1945}

Ukraine declared itself independent of the Soviet Union in August 1991 and moved to a market economy, but there has been tension between its old ties to Russia and new allegiances with Western nations ever since.

Things escalated when Russia seized and annexed the Crimean peninsula in southern Ukraine in 2014, in response to Ukrainians ousting their pro-Russian president through mass protests.

Russia vehemently opposes Nato’s expansion to include Ukraine, and has demanded a formal veto on it ever becoming a member.

President Putin has made clear that he sees the country’s aspirations to join the group as a threat to Russia’s borders and its sphere of influence.

Five Nato countries currently border Russia after former Soviet states Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania became members.

In December last year, President Putin said Russia will seek “reliable and long-term security guarantees” from the US and its allies “that would exclude any further Nato moves eastward and the deployment of weapons systems that threaten us in close vicinity to Russian territory”.

And in an angry televised address from the Kremlin, President Putin said: “Ukraine is an inalienable part of our own history, culture and spiritual space. These are our comrades, those dearest to us – not only colleagues, friends and people who once served together, but also relatives, people bound by blood, by family. Regarding the tanks John they only become relative when you can manoeuvre them. I stayed away from the site for a while because i could imagine the falling out and rants and arguments over this affair. Ask yourself is Putin right not to want NATO Boarders on his doorstep If it happens it is all his own doing and to be honest i though a bullet in the back of the head would have been on the cards before now. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

See there’s nothing in those dates about 1960 when the Cuban blockade was formed by the US to keep Russian missiles being stockpiled in Cuba at Castro’s invite ? The vessels carrying such backed down in the finish , on Krushevs orders . There again people were not told the full story. Russia’s claim was tit for tat and Kennedy had to remove whatever missiles were in Europe that was unacceptable to Russia as too close to their borders. That excuse might have had more bearing than what it does today , as long range missiles are the name of the game. Fired from anywhere in the world. The way things are going every man and his dog will have them. The Ukraine was first invaded by Hitler in I think about 1942 as was considered a very valuable asset to the industrial part of the world, this delayed him long enough to fail in his task of conquering Russia , who incidentally had been his former allies , as got bogged down in the Russian winter, one would have thought he would of learned from Napoleons mistakes . Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th May 2022 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Putin says he does not want to see NATO encroaching on Russias borders. Well after his invasion into Ukraine ,if you can believe the western media it is not going as planned. If Sweden & Finland do become members of NATO all he will have acheived is to add another NATO member on the Russian border 800 more miles.
    Putin cannot afford to lose this war with Ukraine. I hope the way to peace is a coup in Russia and all the old guard are put against the wall and shot. The Russians have a track record of removing and executing former leaders. The last Tsar Romanov.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John P.
    The reason for that tank graveyard is the Battle of Kursk, the second world war's biggest tank battle and the biggest ever. Russia had over 4,000 tanks against Germany's around four hundred. Russia won by having overwhelming numbers but they lost possibly 2,000 of tanks, hence the graveyard.
    PS they would be obsolete now.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

des most of the tanks stored there is that they became obsolete but some are fixed back up they mat be a few years out of date but i think the Ukraine could use them at this time . its like the jet graveyard they still can be made to fly in america all outdated?just a thought jp

9. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the news is correct then there has been 4 attempts to kill him since the war began.

But there is now a push to remove him by some means.
    According to the news all the major players in Russia are against the current situtaion.

The nation is going bankrupt and the people will be the end losers.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes vic mcclymont, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They can't be that bankrupt John he has just raised the pension for retired soldiers.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Des, but if the rate they are being killed off in Ukraine is true there will not be many to get it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post