Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Burial at Sea vs Interment

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Burial at Sea vs Interment

If there is one thing I could change Brenda as regards administering first aid to bodies in pain. Is going back to what was practiced during the war and was the disposable tin/lead type ready loaded syringes . Why they ever returned to the likes of glass syringes and and seperate capsules to fill the syringe oneself, I will never know. The average person working under stress does not have a steady hand and makes the job 10 times harder just trying to fill the syringe plus the loss of time incurred. I rather think the Americans brought out this type of syringe so a casualty could if necessary and no one available just stick it in themselves if necessary. Front line soldiers carried them in their ammunition pouches. I would imagine and hope your father had such technology small as it was .JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 3rd February 2022 at 01:13 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My Dad always said that he thanked God he was in the business of saving lives and not taking them. . Also, the Rescue Ships were fitted with small hospitals with a Surgeon and Medical Orderlies. A lead-filled syringe sounds terminal to me.
    Regards
    Brenda

3. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just quoted lead as don’t know what they were made of. They were like a miniature pyramid and silver in colour and you just pressed your thumb on the base and pushed , then threw away or discarded. JS
    R575129

5. Thanks Brenda Shackleton, N/A thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4