Thread: Trying to find information on my father and a sinking in murmansk

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trying to find information on my father and a sinking in murmansk

I AM TRYING TO FIND DETAILS OF MY FATHER WHO SAID HE HAD BEEN SUNK IN MURMANSK IN THE 2ND WORLD WAR HE WAS Samuel DIMOND FROM CARDIFF
    i believe he went to sea at thirteen years of age which would have been 1922, i don't know the name of the ship he was on when he was sunk he said there were only 2 survivors himself and Ginger Dawson. I think he did numerous trip on the Russian convoys, and he used to tell us he spent 6 weeks in Archangel where the Russians who were starving treated them reaaly well any help would be appreciated.

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trying to find information on my father and a sinking in murmansk

Had an issue earlier Marian, as i had Copied and Pasted some Text from the Convoy Site into this Thread. The Database did not like it!
    So my post is gone ! Will have to see if i can post it another way but i dont think it was of much use! Just the names of some that were in the Ruskie Convoys of that Surname and i wondered if the first name was perhaps a nickname (Ginger Dawson) ?? Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th October 2021 at 02:38 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post