Likes (Received)

Default Re: Beached

#77 The funnel colours are
    Grey Band
    Blue Band (dark)
    Light blue with the squiggly bit
    Blue band
    Grey band.
    The squiggly bit has a marking of some sorts on the bottom LHS and in the centre is another marking.
    I have tried using AI software to enhance image, but can only do so much.
    But definitely looks like she has a double barrelled name.
    Vic

2. Thanks Victoria Moss thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just throwing my two penny's worth into the mix, all the Docenave owned and operated vessels have Docenave painted in big letters on the hull, this one, although it has the Docenave funnel does not have it on the hull so possibly it is a chartered in vessel? Think it is a two word ships name as well.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree John, It looks a very small name also, I suspect we will never find her probably on charter to the company i also agree afraid i have drew a line under this one, Thrown the towel in mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

5. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well whatever this Ships name is , at least we all together have given it a good bash!
    As for all the Ships having that Docenave on their sides, that i think is not actually so, as i have it from a Lady who is a Brazilian lives in Santos been there all her life and knows these Ships, and although she too cannot actually point to the correct one, has told me that some of their Ships do not have that on the side??? One Wonders!
    Anyway thanks to all who have participated, i think that we have now come to the end!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th September 2021 at 09:14 PM.
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote from Doc Vernon. "As for all the Ships having that Docenave on their sides, that i think is not actually so, as i have it from a Lady who is a Brazilian been there all her life and knows these Ships, and although she too cannot actually point to the correct one, has told me that some of their Ships do not have that on the side??? One Wonders! "

That is quite true Vernon.I know for a fact that not all ships in a company had/have their company name emblazoned(lovely word that) on their sides.One example going back to the 70's and 80's was SANKO LINE ,with a huge fleet of bulk carriers and tankers,which had recognisable hull colours of light green with large white lettering-but not all had the white lettering... Mind you,that light green could be a bit hard to make out at a distance in a green-coloured sea!...you've got to admit most of the seas we see(see what I did there?) -are due to reflection of the skies or dirty water ,are green or grey,not the blue so beloved of little kids paintings. ' I know,but "Daddy,why is the Red Sea called that,why is it red ?"-Well,for the same reason they call seas the Yellow Sea or the Black Sea"....."Why,Daddy?.."Well,er because when God made the earth He accidentally spilt tins of paint into some of the seas ,that's why they are named after different colours." Don't be silly Daddy,God isn't as clumsy as you,like when you decorated my bedroom and spilt all that paint which dripped onto the landing and down the stairs. Anyway,I'm going to tell Mummy you're lying again.You never answer our questions properly-and we'll never learn ANYTHING from you!"

8. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11