Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Timber carrier listing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Timber carrier listing

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    The west coast of Canada has to be up there with some of the most fantastic scenery I have ever seen. Also going up the East Coast especially the Saint Lawrence seaway into the great lakes. I enjoyed Quebec city as well , Montreal did not float my boat. But sailing the great lakes was something else. Is it Lake Huron that has the 1000 islands I remember the sunsets being wonderful. Still for all that a sunset from Hoylake Wirral is had to beat can compare it with anywhere in the world would still get my vote.
    Agree with that Lewis, thousand islands is brilliant scenery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis
    As you say the west coast of Canada has some of the best scenery anywhere. I nearly moved to Prince Rupert when as mate on a geared bulker loading timber there and was offered a job as a super cargo, a position in the coast guard and a stevedoring super. I was very tempted but both myself and wife's parents were old and emigration was not on the cards as there was no one else to look after them. Often wondered how our lives would have turned out had we emigrated.
    1000 islands is again a beautiful place to sail through, did you ever see the German Schloss there that some guy had brought over from Germany and rebuilt it exactly as it's original state?
    Montreal in the late 60's was a good run ashore, the Expo site was still there and there were some great bars and clubs where they were not too fussed on checking your age. My cousin, a salvage association surveyor, lived in Montreal so I was able to see him for the first time in over 20 years. Also enjoyed Quebec despite the Quebec libre movement causing trouble on the streets.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What I liked about Quebec was the architecture and some great bars not a bad run ashore. Montreal I was not overly keen on I did get to swim in the swimming pool that was part of the Olympic games venues. Did have a great night in an Irish pub. There was a band playing all the Irish ballads and great songs. Got to speak to them during the break turned out they were from the Ukraine. I asked why are you not playing Ukrainian folk music, reply, have you ever heard Ukrainian folk music lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3