Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: swallows

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default swallows

Dont know if they are early or not .....but spotted the ist group of swallows hurtling round the village on wed .....they are a true harbinger of summer....and very welcome .......but when sept comes and they all line up on the telephone wires .....it is a last goodbye to the summer .....magnificent flyers and very very fast ......wonder if KT has got them yet ...i recall him commenting on them last year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: swallows

hi cappy #1
    good afternoon its just like everywhere is waking up after winter hibernation i spent the best part of this afternoon walking on the promenade and along the beach in glorious sunshine,lots of kids playing and people being happy
    its magnificent as you say.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was up on the golf course today, a really lovely day, and usually at this time of the year you can see the swallows coming in across the channel, but i am still waiting to see the first swallow Cappy. My garden has been the saviour this year, first thing every morning, cup of tea, bay window and watch the birds feeding, plus our red squirrels , kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lucky youse (Jeff Fenech saying) as we are now getting near our Winter , with us in Mid Autumn.
    Very cold Mornings and Evenings now and days getting shorter daylight hours.
    Soon be in for the Snow Season with Snow already fallen in Parts here! Brrr!
    Waiting on the Installation of new Gas Central Heating now, as our old one packed in, so Two Weeks away and we will have the lovely Gas Heater on again.
    Thank the Lord as its cold inside , with now only a 11 Fin oil Heater to keep us going! LOL
    Cheers
    Enjoy your upcoming lovely Weather, and the joys of Spring!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3 Keith if the weather makes you feel like dancing go ahead. Probably Ivan will join you and show you a few fancy steps. If someone asked me to join them I would have to say I can’t dance to save my my life. But walk me through a pile of dog Pooh and I’ll moonwalk better than Michael Jackson. Cheers and may the weather be with you. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    Don't have many swallows here, but what we do have is very large flocks of Major Mitchel's, and Cockatoos swooping up the road outside our window every morning as they arrive and in the evening leaving, the noise is terrific all squawking their heads off , Not many Galah's, they may have been a bit decimated during the fires
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lot of birds around our way that we would not normally see so many of, but the bush fires of last year has taken much of their habitat.
    We have two pet Australian Ravens and Three Australian magpies that come around every evening for food, so much native habitat has been taken away by man over the generations it is needed to show a bit of assistance to all our wild life.

Vernon, why so long for the heater, got ours in a week, but then again they did not have to take it half way up a mountain. LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Company is flat chat with Installations , and we were actually lucky to get moved forward by three Weeks so not complaining! Lithgow Refrigeration and Heating.
    https://www.lithgowheatandcool.com.au

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ref galahs des ...i once picked up a galah that had a broken wing in oz ....seeing its colour i thought it was some sort of parrot type thing .....kept it a few days then was told it was as common as a sparrowin the uk .....put it on the jetty suppose it ate grain as we were loading for europe cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is a parrot Cappy. A pink and grey one. Did you think it was a baby Emu like your first girlfriend. ?
    The emus still talk about you out here, however believe the Wanted sign in the cop shops has now been taken down , so safe to return. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th April 2021 at 10:41 AM.
    R575129

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast