Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cameron & Greensill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cameron & Greensill

Got your knickers in a twist Lewis, no one has mentioned a one party state, except for you.
    T.U. membership is still only 25% of the working population and most of them will be Civil Servants.
    Until, Labour purge momentum from their ranks they will never regain power.
    Vic

Lewis McColl Guest

Considering Boris went to the so called best school in the country he can hardly string a sentence together. I would not be slagging Lisa Nandy for her Northern accent, not everyone can or wants to sound as if they have a plum in their mouth when they speak.

#41 no Vic certainly not got my knickers in a twist, several have posted that the Unions have had there day , I merely pointed out that year on year since 2016 Union membership is on the increase.
    No one may have said it directly about a one party state but it certainly has been implied. I do agree that there needs to be a purge with in the Labour party concerning momentum. Hopefully the Labour party can get back to a left of centre party again. Certainly worked for Tony Blair, if it had not been for the global crash of 2008 Gordon Brown would have wiped the floor with Dodgy Dave and let's face it Nick Clegg was never going to pass up the chance of being deputy PM. Even after 13 years of a Labour government the Tories still needed a crutch so they could take office.
    The Tories have had there cull and chased out decent MP's from the party ranks and we are left with a shower who have their fingers in so many pies it stinks. (SLEAZE)immoral, sordid, and corrupt behaviour or activities.
    "political campaigns that are long on sleaze and short on substance"
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 19th April 2021 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A membership of 25% of the work force sounds extremely high.
    Here in Oz, the one time union capital of the world with 98% membership has it now at only 12% and falling.

But UK is not the only country with Labor party problems.

Here in Victoria our Labor party led by the dictator we have as premier is in so much debt it may never be repaid.
    At all times when it comes to big projects such as the new rail route they over promise and under price.
    They have borrowed money from china, signed up to the One Road one Belt concept which even the fedral Labor are against.
    But worst of all we now are told some 15% of the state has been sold to China.
    Most was crown land leased to farmers, now owned by china.

Only discovered because the federal Liberal gov made them disclose all dealings with china.

Top financial experts around the world now see China as number one economy within the next 9 years.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

One hell of a success story China!!!!! a country built on communist ideals and financed by capitalist greed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

china is shipping containers al over the world and willing to Waite for payments of customers ? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    I would not be slagging Lisa Nandy for her Northern accent, not everyone can or wants to sound as if they have a plum in their mouth when they speak.
    Be Jeezus Lewis I wasn't slagging her off because of her Yarkshire accent, I have a Yorkshire accent, but well modulated by sailing with peoples of all accents; my brother is a reet eh! ba gum lad!

I wasn't slagging her off, just commenting upon her use of the English language, which is quite mangled at times, and as she may have to converse with foreign dignatories they may have a hard time understanding the point she is trying to make, which may, or may not, have dire consequences for the nation as a whole, if she is ever in a position of responsibility.

But whatever floats your boat Lewis, you get what you vote for, as you so oft remind us
    Last edited by Ivan Cloherty; 20th April 2021 at 09:27 AM.

Lewis McColl Guest

Ivan , eh ba gum Lad, Lisa Nandy, is from Manchester born and bred. Admittedly by only 60 miles from Yorkshire but definitely not from the White rose county. Regional accents are all part and parcel of what makes the UK interesting. I certainly never have any problems understanding her or Jess Phillips another possible Labour PM . I like Keir Starmer but I feel he lacks the ability to be an arsehole when required. But fair play to him at the dispatch box he frequently does turn Boris inside out. But you get what you vote for.

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

China, very clever country.
    You want a loan to build a new road, no worries mate you will pay it back in ten years.
    But at the end of the ten year you do not have the money, no worries mate we will take the road as payment.

But the Chinese people are becoming more and more westernized and consumer prone, they are taking more liking to the western way of life, better than being a slave.
    The country allows it as they know the way to win the world war is to have the people with you.

No more riding on bikes or in Rickshaws, now it is in maybe a BMW or an Audi built in China under licence
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Lewis McColl Guest

John when was the last time you were in China?? I have never seen so much wealth along side so much poverty, yes many many millionaires, but probably a Billion people that still have not got a pot to piss in. Another revolution will happen and a few top heads will roll as those down the packing order will want the top jobs.

12. Likes cappy, Tony Taylor, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Lewis there is still a divide between north and south, but those in the cities, and more arrive from country areas each year, are doing very well.

As an aside you no doubt have heard of the One Belt One road Chinese concept.
    Our state premier signed up for it.
    Not a good thing as the majority of materials used are from China along with many of the workers.
    He has them working on three major projects.
    The Federal gov has now torn up the agreement saying it is not in the nations best interest.
    But then againour state premier is known to have communist tendencies.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast