Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Union fees

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Union fees

Well Louis, its a bit chicken and egg, perhaps the reward for not working is too high. The rent allowance is the big one, when rent can be up to £800-900 a month, that is some bonus, no such thing when i got married, and is the rent allowance the merry go round, landlords increase the rent to maximum. The future when pensions come in to effect in 25 years or so, just watch the benefit go crazy, pensions won't be paid until 70?, or so, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Lewis, the T.U.s in the UK have never moved with the times, strike first ask questions later is there motto.
    Before you jump in, after WW2, Germany was on the bones of its erse, the TUC was invited to modernise industrial relations in that country.
    The brought out a system which made it very difficult to strike, strikes would only be permitted after months and months of negotiations took place. Strikes became the last rsort.
    Asked if the TUC would implement such a change in the UK- response on your bike or words to that effect.
    Vic
    Vic
    The unions days... once needed are gone ......only the mustache petes sitting at the head offices reaping the fortunes of the working man are left ....plus there hangers on........and labour losing there votes like a leaking sieve will never be in power again in the uk

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Well Louis, its a bit chicken and egg, perhaps the reward for not working is too high. The rent allowance is the big one, when rent can be up to £800-900 a month, that is some bonus, no such thing when i got married, and is the rent allowance the merry go round, landlords increase the rent to maximum. The future when pensions come in to effect in 25 years or so, just watch the benefit go crazy, pensions won't be paid until 70?, or so, kt
    why does any person think they are entitled to a job as a given right ,,
    why does any one who refuses a job at min wage expect benefit ...why should i pay for someone elses rent ...or kids or husband who has buggered off....why are all the folk running food banks fat ......why are women with no husband having kids year after year why can a habitual non worker get a new boiler ...or double glazing free ......but this always gets me lol why is the woman with 5 kids no husband have a tele phone a fat dog a ciggie in her hand and doesnt work have a car......who the feck pays for this luxurious lifestyle...why not just have money banks ..i dont suppose there would be much of an increase in the numbers who use the food banks....would there... or am i being a teeny weeny bit mercenary......in fact looking back at my rant the bloody money banks are already there .....sadly i do not qualify as i worked all my life .......

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately self esteem will not feed children.
    The government subsidies companies who pay workers below the level to live on by giving those workers in work benefits. Any person in employment should not have to rely on tax payers money to put food on the table while the employer exploits the workforce for profit.

6. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by louis the fly View Post
    unfortunately self esteem will not feed children.
    The government subsidies companies who pay workers below the level to live on by giving those workers in work benefits. Any person in employment should not have to rely on tax payers money to put food on the table while the employer exploits the workforce for profit.
    the unions should be paying the genuine out of workers ...not let the top rankers live like kings on your money ....never paid a union due since 1963 .......saved a fortune ....r683532

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Gray View Post
    Or too much to be gained on the benefit trail! Whatever happened to self esteem?
    USED TO CALLED PRIDE MARION

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spot on marion

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

#103, Worked all your life how many times did you jump ship Cappy or as you call it skinned out? But you always seemed to get a job again!!! simply amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of the problems, and often fueled by Unions and some Labor MP's is the believe of a number that the gov owes them a living, owes them a house, al the medical assistance going and all the welfare payouts.
    We have them here in Oz, on the street corners claiming they are victims of society and the gov has abandoned them.

Wage growth here in Oz is low, but the employer has to pay 9.5%, going to 12 into an employees superannuation account.
    Cannot have it both ways, wages or super for retirement.

Retirement age now up to 67, with many Union men whinging they do not want to work until 67.
    Do not have to, 67 is the age at which the state pension is now paid.
    Can draw super at 60.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Retirement age now up to 67, watch that age creep up over the coming years John. A former Tory leader wants the state pension age increased to 75. 70 by 2028 and 75 by 2035.
    Like many women in the UK if you were born in the 50's they have stolen pensions from them by moving the goal posts, in my wife's case this equates to £40,000+.
    For the life of me though I could never understand why women in the UK could collect the state pension from the age of 60 and men 65. Especially as women live longer than men!!
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 22nd April 2021 at 10:07 AM.

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I recall correctly the retirement age in the Republic was 70 prior to joining the EU.
    They ad to reduce it to 65 but now it is on the way up again and will be 70 in a year or so.

Here in Oz it is now 67 but will rise to 70 over the next decade, people are living longer now so it makes sense.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Likes Doc Vernon, vic mcclymont liked this post
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast