Thread: Six months late delivery

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Six months late delivery

A friend of mine freelances in the far east and stands by the construction of new builds as the owners representative engineering. He follows the contract from the steel cutting to taking the vessel on sea trials. The attached photos are of his latest project, which was built in a Japanese Naval ship yard and I think he said it was the yards first venture into building a commercial vessel. The project was plagued with problems from day one and this vessel was 6 months behind schedule. I understand the owners had a clause in the contract several million$
    for delays etc!! Not what you would expect from Japan!!!!!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 31st March 2021 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Six months late delivery

Well Lewis six months late not to bad, lucky it wasn't being built here.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-55234240

For some reason I don't understand non of https://www. will down load for me!!!
    Last edited by Bill Morrison; 31st March 2021 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#1 I wonder if the scrubber fitting had anything to do with the delay, as deliveries currently running approx 9 months late, as have to be made for individual ships. Looking through my various intakes there are some bluddy huge and horrendous designs, especially on vessels with aft accommodation and they are fitted aft of the accommodation, cannot see astern from the bridge unless you are on the extremity of the wing. Docking/undocking in a high wind must be a whole new ball game

Lewis McColl Guest

Not sure Ivan but my mate says the sea trials were a night mare, Ballasting pipe work a mass of leaks , spindles shearing on the hydraulic valves. Engine failures. It got that bad that at one stage the owners were threatening to walk away.