Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Just spotted this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just spotted this

Well Cappy, interesting to see the outcome of what the fisherman has on the Fisher woman.
    Think it's this week when the fisherman is going to dump on her, oh the joy of seeing them both squirm.
    Vic

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Cannot see this thread lasting long the way it is morphing.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    well cappy, interesting to see the outcome of what the fisherman has on the fisher woman.
    Think it's this week when the fisherman is going to dump on her, oh the joy of seeing them both squirm.
    Vic
    yes i think wed ....both in a keep net together lol

4. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Yes the Faroe Islands tunnel is very impressive one cannot deny that. An amazing piece of engineering.

But can someone explain why Boris is asking government departments to do a feasibility study for 3 tunnels heading for the IOM roundabout. Then a 4th tunnel I would imagine heading for Larne. I don't know how far it is from Stranraer as the crow flies to the IOM but that's a dam sight more than going from Stranraer to Larne. Also why the plan would require another tunnel from Heysham to the IOM and yet another tunnel from Liverpool to the IOM. It is only 90 minutes from Liverpool to Heysham up the M6 then the M62. It would save a lot of digging just going up the motorways.

Or perhaps Boris has a cunning plan the IOM will become the new Irish sea border? or could it be perhaps he has found a loop hole .

The Isle of Man was never part of the European Union, nor did it have a special status, and thus it did not take part in the 2016 referendum on the UK's EU membership. However, Protocol 3 of the UK's Act of Accession to the Treaty of Rome included the Isle of Man within the EU's customs area , allowing for trade in Manx goods without tariffs throughout the EU. [46]
    Lewis, it is a right ball ache just getting to Stranraer from anywhere, to make it viable they would have to build a motorway from the M74

6. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #21
    good morning,
    i think once again your hitting the mark, ? isnt it possible that this tunnel scheme is a way of uniting the united kingdom,and giving the population something to look forward to, not only in the planning stage but as a huge feel good stimulate to charge ahead taking us out of this chinese plague, into better times.
    tom

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Uniting the united kingdom?

K.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    Lewis, it is a right ball ache just getting to Stranraer from anywhere, to make it viable they would have to build a motorway from the M74

Had a nice breakfast in Stranraer but, was already in Scotland.

K.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    #18 The wind has changed.

#19:

K.

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Boris hasn't stated that he will build a tunnel merely investigate the possibility of doing so, Its called a feasibility study, all big businesses do them before committing funds.

#17 Keith, you have more faces in than the townhall clock. I the last year or so challenged on what's his name (what is his name) you denied him.
    Vic
    I must be still in Coventry by the looks of it #13 But can someone explain why Boris is asking government departments to do a feasibility study for 3 tunnels heading for the IOM roundabout.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well tom top of the morning ....how good to think we could give the people something to look forward to .....a stimulation for folk in general ....i mean in all honesty doom and gloom seems to permeate from the same quarters time and time again...but as the old battle hymn goes ....all in unison ,,,,,we shall overcome ......well most of us shall anyway....best wishes regards and felicitations to you and yours cappy

Keith at Tregenna Guest

All anyone wants to know really is, is it feasible,
    realistic, at what cost, over how long and can
    we have a magic money tree each, please.

K.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    I must be still in Coventry by the looks of it #13 But can someone explain why Boris is asking government departments to do a feasibility study for 3 tunnels heading for the IOM roundabout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3DcChXNyYQ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi cappy #30
    well even the scots have the bag pipes and there is nothing more inspiring for one is going into battle, as a matter of fact ive led a few charges from the front when the bag pipes have been played in the pub, many years ago though.
    but in all truth people have got to start believing that we can conquer the world, even if we only attempt it. i hate the doom and gloom brigade, lets be like the SAS he who dares wins.
    tom

14. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast