Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Tonnage

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tonnage

#70 That human consumption brings back memories. However it still doesn’t bring back the name of the ship and is one of the 3 I can’t remember , one of which was Russian so is an excuse for that. This one however we went into the Naval base at Guantamino Bay, and were boarded by pirates off Georgetown. The master who was a yugoslav was the most incompetent person I think I have Ever sailed with bar 1. I said are you going to buy stores In The naval base, no he said will get in Georgetown , I said you won’t get any there. He just stormed off. And ignored the stores situation . We loaded rice in Georgetown for Italy , the only stores he could buy in Georgetown was water melons. He says we can always use the rice in the cargo , I pointed
    out to him that every sack had the skull and crossbones on with unfit for human consumption.He said we will stop and buy fish off the first fishing boat we see , I said there are no fishing boats in this area. We sailed for Italy with practically no stores . 2 of the seamen were hospitalised on arrival, he got the sack but wouldn’t leave the ship until we arrived back in Ireland ,I had already resigned , and jumped off that fairly decent ship but with an idiot on board to another ship with problems of a different nature , the Silver Pit. My life before I got out of the uk was all frying pans and fires. Enough to drive one to drink. That particular master should have been sewn up in one of the rice sacks and lost on passage. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 3rd April 2021 at 08:24 AM.
    R575129

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8