Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Articles of Engagement

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Articles of Engagement

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Should have been Terms of Agreement. But there again finishes up the same . You have to agree with whatever him/her says. Notice I am political correct, no ones going to get me on a technical point. JS
    Could get worse John, they now want you to wait two not one year before getting a divorce.
    Must be the PC lot at it again.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes j.sabourn, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It always was 2 years for a poor mans divorce. In the late 60s whilst on a F.G. ship which I joined in the states the European officers mainly all British had been there over 2 years , and whilst there were no complaints, were due to come off. The one who appreciated the long term the most however was the Electrician from South Shields and while not disclosing any confidences it suited him as could then go ahead and get a legal divorce on seperation grounds on not been living in co-habitation for that period. One of the reasons why I wouldnt sign for two years with some of these unsavoury companys. Have now been married 59 years in 10 days time and already received a card from the Governor General David Hurley. He must have had some long seperations also. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th January 2021 at 07:33 AM.
    R575129

4. Likes N/A, cappy, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Letter from the Queen next year John, think i am right in saying after 60 years married. My golf partner had one from Queen, and the postman has to knock on the door to deliver said letter, or should say card, and if you are not there he has to take it back to depot, kt
    R689823

6. Likes N/A, j.sabourn, cappy, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#23... The one and only time I met her Keith she was talking to me for about 3 minutes. I have it all on tape visual for prosterity , when people ask what we were talking about I always say I was asking her for my expenses. They don’t know if I’m kidding or not , but will never know especially if the media. During the oil expo at Southhampton about 1980 or thereabouts Naval Party 1007 was part of the exposition and was open to the public. One of our visitors was the Director of the BBC at the time Lord Mountbattens nephew I think but there again could be wrong , he came on the bridge where I was explaining the various functions of various bits and pieces, however he got his eye on the 4 fire monitors which 2 of the 4 main engines of the ship used to drive the pumps and were extremely powerful , he was asking very hard technical questions about the same , and I wasn’t genned up on them for given a lecture on same. I was pleased to get back to the top of the gangway searching the ladies handbags for bombs.
    However he was a very alert man and well educated. Pity he hadn’t been around when his uncle was assassinated.
    Royalty are the same as everyone else they also bleed and suffer in silence which a lot of us shout and bellow . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th January 2021 at 10:34 AM.
    R575129

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, Tony Taylor liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3