Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: gas units on meter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default gas units on meter

i have recently purchased a 30 kilowat gas boiler ......i have been ringing ...the gas board to explain to me what a unit increase on my meter costs ...ie yesterday it went from26193 to26199ie meter reading up 6 points .......the latest try to get info is wait for 25 mins ...i will not sit with a bleedin phone in my hands for the queen never mind the british gas board ......i have tried a online chat was sent to 4 different people ...still no proper reply ...i do not have a smart meter as the gas and electric although offering the service each ducked out after finding iwas with the other oneif anyone one can help i will be much pleased......regards cappy

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: gas units on meter

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    i have recently purchased a 30 kilowat gas boiler ......i have been ringing ...the gas board to explain to me what a unit increase on my meter costs ...ie yesterday it went from26193 to26199ie meter reading up 6 points .......the latest try to get info is wait for 25 mins ...i will not sit with a bleedin phone in my hands for the queen never mind the british gas board ......i have tried a online chat was sent to 4 different people ...still no proper reply ...i do not have a smart meter as the gas and electric although offering the service each ducked out after finding iwas with the other oneif anyone one can help i will be much pleased......regards cappy
    It depends on who your contract is with, I currently look after mine and two other family members contracts, if you PM me I may be able to give you some ideas on how to keep check. Can give you chapter and verse on smart meters if you are interested.

4. Thanks Captain Kong, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole domestic heating and lighting industry is bent and corrupt Cappy.
    I was with EDF paying by Direct Debit, £153 a month.
    I changed to Green Star Energy, £80 a month
    Two years later SHELL take them over, now £148 a month

So what is the REAL Price of fuel ???? Does anyone really know????
    Cheers
    Brian

6. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    The whole domestic heating and lighting industry is bent and corrupt Cappy.
    I was with EDF paying by Direct Debit, £153 a month.
    I changed to Green Star Energy, £80 a month
    Two years later SHELL take them over, now £148 a month

So what is the REAL Price of fuel ???? Does anyone really know????
    Cheers
    Brian
    I am with Shell also because they took over my contract with First Utility, my experience is the same yet as far as I can see the contract unit costings did not change. Up from £95 / month to £150

8. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    It depends on who your contract is with, I currently look after mine and two other family members contracts, if you PM me I may be able to give you some ideas on how to keep check. Can give you chapter and verse on smart meters if you are interested.
    ....hi tony ...thanks for your interest ...i am obliged ....i am with british gas .......but do not understand what the meter reading is .....ie a kilowat or a unit or are they the same ......i know there is a standing charge per day of 29.194 pence but cannot get a price for the unit meter......thanks for the offer of the smart meter info but i am not a believer in the smart meters ..... so any info you can give me would be gratefully accepted ....ps what happened to the good old fashioned telephone chat instead of press 1 for this 2 for that 3 for something else and then the bleeding line goes dead ....regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy, type in ukenergy.co.uk follow instructions and will convert meter reading to kw.
    To get pounds kw x unit price, should be on bill.
    Vic

11. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ....hi tony ...thanks for your interest ...i am obliged ....i am with british gas .......but do not understand what the meter reading is .....ie a kilowat or a unit or are they the same ......i know there is a standing charge per day of 29.194 pence but cannot get a price for the unit meter......thanks for the offer of the smart meter info but i am not a believer in the smart meters ..... so any info you can give me would be gratefully accepted ....ps what happened to the good old fashioned telephone chat instead of press 1 for this 2 for that 3 for something else and then the bleeding line goes dead ....regards cappy
    If you have a smartphone then u should be able to get the British Gas app. which allows you to get instant info on what you are charged.
    Most gas meters record in cubic meters and then the supplier will convert to kw hours. So for example, the thee companies I deal with will charge currently between 3p and 4p per kw hour. As for smart meters, I dont want one either and am so fed up with being pestered to have one I have complained to Shell MD that it amounts to harassment. They ring me every few weeks to get me to sign up, the last one told the installers to call for an appointment despite me saying no.
    They steadfastly refuse to put in writing that the smart meters do not interfere with my solar panels, so they can whistle. I am still not convinced that they are transferable and compatible with other energy suppliers if you change to some other supplier.

13. Thanks cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy
    Your gas meter tells you how many cubic metres of gas you have used over a certain period of time, yet your gas bill is in kwh, this tells you how to convert cubic metres into kwh.
    If you are changing suppliers you need to compare the standing charge they want for both gas and electricity together.! With the unit price per kwh.
    Smart meters only work with the individual supply company so changing suppliers means changing smart meters though there is a movement to make them common to all suppliers. We have a smart meter as reading the gas meter reading is so bleddy difficult due to the tiny display and the position of it, it means that with a smart meter our supplier can remotely read the meter over the internet.
    3bedroom house, 4 of us, washing machine on almost daily along with tumble drier, electric cooker and central heating costs us £75 per month on our combined tariff.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Rgds
    J.A.

15. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ok guys i thank you for your help ....i dont have a old bill so cannot get a charge rfor gas ...the telephone is not any good to sit for 25 minutes ...i will wait till i get a new bill from todays dayte so can calculate what i am paying....thanks for your help cappy

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    Cappy
    Your gas meter tells you how many cubic metres of gas you have used over a certain period of time, yet your gas bill is in kwh, this tells you how to convert cubic metres into kwh.
    If you are changing suppliers you need to compare the standing charge they want for both gas and electricity together.! With the unit price per kwh.
    Smart meters only work with the individual supply company so changing suppliers means changing smart meters though there is a movement to make them common to all suppliers. We have a smart meter as reading the gas meter reading is so bleddy difficult due to the tiny display and the position of it, it means that with a smart meter our supplier can remotely read the meter over the internet.
    3bedroom house, 4 of us, washing machine on almost daily along with tumble drier, electric cooker and central heating costs us £75 per month on our combined tariff.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...obile&ie=UTF-8
    Rgds
    J.A.
    who are you with John, thats half what I pay per month. Gas hob, electric oven, gas central heating no tumble dryer plus I have solar panels which can generate 3kw on a decent day, knocks out 250watts on dull day which covers the base load (fridges / freezer / wifes fish tanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast