They seem to think it works for us!

K.

2. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Your views Nurses to pay for parking

Our local hospital, serving the town and area, does not charge for parking, never has. the one 12km down the road charges a $3.00 flat fee....Both hospitals are administered by the same CEO.. Surprising.. The large hospitals in Ottawa all stopped charging parking fees during the lockdown, they have just restarted charging after three moths gratis...This worked out well for me while taking my treatments for bladder cancer, twice a week every two weeks for twelve treatments....I was down last week for a scope of the bladder and was delighted to be told no new growths, what a relief to hear that news...The Doc has reccomended one treatment a month and a scope every four months as a precaution and to keep any new growths at bay, hopefully....In the meantime life is good in paradise....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My neighbor is a nurse who does a lot of time in the emergency department so shifts hardly ever run to time.
    Nurses and staff get a special rate there but there is a catch.
    When she clocks on to the parking meter at the start of shift it notes her number.
    The meter is scheduled to take into account the shift normal length.
    When she has to clock out the meter will show how much time spent there.
    If her shift has gone on longer because of an emergency she will be charged for a second shift.
    She then has to go t management and tell them, rebate comes but she has to wait four weeks for it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dont know why any Medical staff Member should have to pay for parking, what is all about Money Raising Revenue! Look at so many other sectors of the Work Force, most all large Enterprises have no charge Carparks for their Employees , such as Large Factories and the likes, so why cannot the Government and Private Hospitals have similar for Medical Staff, which is in my opinion a far greater important Sector
    Come on lets have all Free Parking for Medical Staff no matter what ?
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the main hospital in liverpool no parking you have to park in a private car park across a busy main road i have chosen to travel to the wirral for treatment easy parking free and can gain access to treatment? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i was in intensive care and the nurses even had to buy their own tea sugar and milk even to give to patients on the ward the staff in hospitals many have died from covid 19 but has never stopped thousands of staff from fighting for the people how can you put a price on that lets hope that like many years they are forgotten when it comes to a fare pay rise just to keep of the bread line at least a soldier can see the enemy and this is far from being over for months yet for me its coming up to 20 weeks for both me and barb the only time i have spent out of the house is when getting treatment and barb has to sit in the car park while it is going on many cancer patients are dieing because of the slow down in treatment but many like me get this virus and very little can be done for us? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No sign of the decision being reversed for them that are getting stung, Bloody awful decision Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I downloaded the Gateshead Hospitals parking policy document, it is 10 pages long and must have cost a mint to produce it.
    Staff pay basic £5/ month plus a supplement starting at 50p depending on the CO2 output of the vehicle. Seems a bit over the top to me.
    Also published in the local paper, Sunderland and So. Tyneside hospitals took over £1 million last year from staff parking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    I downloaded the Gateshead Hospitals parking policy document, it is 10 pages long and must have cost a mint to produce it.
    Staff pay basic £5/ month plus a supplement starting at 50p depending on the CO2 output of the vehicle. Seems a bit over the top to me.
    Also published in the local paper, Sunderland and So. Tyneside hospitals took over £1 million last year from staff parking.
    Tony the thing that bugs me more than anything is the Chancellor has given £500 free vouchers to some encouraged eating out half price for the nation on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, And dropped the V.A.T. Rate to 5%, Understandable he wants the economy kick started again. I am sure he could have extended a little gratuity to medical staff after what they done for all communities some the ultimate sacrifice. Come on search your souls and repay them. Terry
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 12th July 2020 at 10:11 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just to put another slant on this topic which may not be relevant but here goes. What are the insurance rules concerning parking in public car parks as opposed to private parks. I one covered by compensation from the owners of a private car park and also is the car covered from getting damaged in one. As we all know it is a matter of physics is it not. For every action there is also an equal and opposite reaction. If this is so then the crap will hit the fan when the first case goes to court and then watch the buck passing go on. Her in Newcastle (Oz) we had a good service to our main hospital. All we had to do was to drive to the sports stadium and there would be a free shuttle service to the hospital. Loss of revenue soon put a stop to that idea and now back to having to go into a paid parking lot only to find that there is no spaces free then having to pay to get out of the phucking place.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

13. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast