Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else facing this dillema.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Anyone else facing this dillema.

Always had a wish in my wish bucket, To take a nice holiday with all my family my kids there partners and all 9 of the grandkids, Last January we all paid for a holiday in Grand Canarias, We should travel on the 14th June this year bugger me this virus comes along. With this lockdown now being extended until the 30th of May, I wonder but very much doubt it will come of. Its a package holiday all inclusive and covered by ABTA My dilemma is this me and the wife booked our flights separate as to obtain extra leg room although we all travel on the same day. I booked the flights with Ryan air my quandary is if Ryan Air get the go ahead to fly after the end of May and that plane takes off without me and the wife on it will i loose the bloody lot. The reason i say this is because to be quite honest neither me or the wife want to go out there to soon and we can put it back until next year which the kids have agreed to.If this virus isn't given the all clear the world over i would much rather be here than there. But knowing Ryan Air if he can fly planes he will do.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone else facing this dillema.

I think what it boils down to Terry, is the money or your life. i realise it sounds like a lot of dosh, but fingers crossed the advice will be the same, and to be honest, i cannot see an end to this until at least Autumn , kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be honest Terry, if Ryanair were giving the seats away for free I would not travel with them. Flew with them to Norway and vowed never again. Dreadful airline. Good luck with that one.
    Regards
    John C

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, All done on the spare of the moment and the extra legroom available, I tend to agree with Keith but every government around the world are thinking of the Economy, And either the U.K or Spain are any different. Cheers lads good health Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ryan Air are not noted by abiding by refund rules and will certainly claim Force Majeure in the current circumstances, if you booked the seats through a travel agent then you could claim through them (if they are still in existence) if you paid by credit card and the total was more than £100 for the two seats then you could claim through them, but they will probably claim each seat was an individual claim, so if less than £100 each, not much chance of a refund.

I

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Ivan, For what its worth the total cost for 2 seats extra legroom i think was around 250 euro.
    Scroll to the bottom of page

Fuerteventura
    Reservation:
    FB6KWX

Your flight information

To Fuerteventura FR4081

Liverpool - Fuerteventura

Sun, 14 Jun 20
    Departure time - 15:35
    Arrival time - 19:50
    (LPL) - (FUE)

To Liverpool FR4082

Fuerteventura - Liverpool

Sun, 21 Jun 20
    Departure time - 20:25
    Arrival time - 00:35
    (FUE) - (LPL)
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 10th April 2020 at 06:59 PM.
    {terry scouse}

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ref 5, ivan , a couple of years ago i had booked flights for myself and wife to canada, with an airline called Zoom, they went tits up a few weeks before time, and i claimed on credit card, and the money was back in my account on return, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quite frankly, ANY " common " carrier, be it an airline or " steamship " cruise line are nothing but germ factories ! It's how the virus is being transmitted. I'm sure these " troubled " industries will be the first to seek bailout money from the government. Personally, I'd try and seek a full transfer to a future date. They might hit you with some fees, however, it's better than that final one way ticket to the cemetery...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ryanair - be careful!
    Few years back I was working in Cadiz, so flew Stansted to Jerez. Return journey with exactly same kit, I got to the check in desk after standing in big queue, only to be told I am a kilo overweight, how come? same gear in case, no stuffed donkeys or bottles of sangria.
    Had to go back to service desk, pay up (20 euro or thereabouts), then back in line FFS.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I flew easy jet from Southampton to Bergerac, just hand luggage, no problem outbound, but my bag coming back they said was too heavy, so they insisted i transfer some to my wife bag !!!!, where was the logic of that?, kt
    R689823

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast