Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Research deadend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Research deadend

Hello Gordon
    Thanks for reply, no it was not me who gave you a name for research ?
    Anyway as you say its something that has to be handled with patience (Of an Angel i feel LOL) but when things are all back to normal, i am sure with a little more digging you will eventually come up with what you seek.
    At times though it can be damn frustrating i know,i have been there and done that so many times, but its part and parcel f wha i love to do, and get so much pleasure when my efforts are rewarded if not for me personally then for those that i do try and assist.
    I am doing well thanks now just a week over a Year ago since i had that massive Heart attack and was nearly a gonne! With Seven Blockages and five Bypasses later all seems well.
    Now back Playing the game i love Golf!! Oh more frustration LOL

Take care and i too do hope that you are n good Health with no aches or pains .
    Regards
    Doc
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gordon , this has nothing to do with your father , and don’t know if have asked this previously, if have, sorry. But it seems to me is the first time I have seen this post.
    Just a query do you have in your family a couple of Brothers who are twins. If so and alive
    they would now be in their early 80s. Both were seagoing and think they served with Shell tankers originally.
    Both emigrated to NZ in the 60s , one stayed at sea and one went in to stevedoring . Both of course named Watson. Cheers JWS
    R575129

3. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi there,

No, sorry, definitely not our family - my father was an only child and the rest of the family were not seafarers.

All the best,

Gordon

- - - Updated - - -

No worries! By the way, I'm also looking for any information on a man who was in the Merchant Navy UK by the name of Kenneth Dendy Marten, born in 1935, probably on the seas in the late 1950's and early 1960s - looking for any records.

5. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There seems to be no records (well that i can find so far) of Kenneth Dendy Marten unless he was still at Sea after 1972??
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I knew a Tiddler Martin , think that was the spelling for the surname. Always knew him as Tiddler as needed a box to stand on to see over the bridge dodger. He would of been born about 1935. He finished up Master with the 0ld Moor Line Ltd. when they were called Runciman Shipping latterly. Some recent post has mentioned the Linkmoor , believe he was master on her at one time. JS..
    R575129

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3