Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a good idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Maybe a good idea.

Just a thought but way back when I joined this Forum there where a number of ships pics sites, Seems to me its not easy to get hold of all the ships pics that any of us where in, I built a ships picture library way back then I have all my 20 odd ships pics, But if any of the lads joining these days want to do the same and are finding it impossible to get there ships pics then simply ask here on this section {Ask the Forum } I for one would supply a pic if I had it, I had to send to New Zealand for a picture one ship. As the interest has grown over the years a lot of ships pictures these days on the net are under copyright and you cant print them of. Ask away we are all shipmates and should help each other out Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 20th February 2019 at 11:08 AM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Maybe a good idea.

Definitely a great idea Terry - thank you.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I to have all the pictures of my ships Terry, as you say most these days are under copyright unfortunately. Would also be willing to share any of mine, great idea pal

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ken, To be honest mate it was probably the driving force behind me taking up the net in the first place, I cant think of a better place than here to get your ships pics especially as most if not all have been broken up since putting the wheel amidships, I note on quite a few occasions when new members give there ships list, That I also have the ship in my book and as I say if anyone wants to take advantage fire away there are a lot of clever guys on this forum who can pull a rabbit out of a hat so to speak Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes Terry
    A great idea and besides us having the Gallery where I am sure Members will find quite a few of their Ships, it is as you say something which if one has,can be shared with others.

I have a Disc of many Ships that I bought from the Old Ship Site (now no longer available) and would be willing to send any Ships that are wanted to whoever,that is if I have it ,there is no Copyright as I know know, as the Disc belongs to me, and they have no writings etc on them.

Just I ask please don't bombard me with requests,as I am very tied up most times,but will try and assist where I can.

Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am in the process of compiling a file of the 39 ships operated or owned by W.A. Government Stateships for the period 1912 to 1987. It includes a picture of each ship, date of build, LOA GRT Dwt. and ownership or charter details. It is a fairly large file so will happily send a usb or sd card to have them included on the site.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Colin
    That sounds a task of great interest to you,and i commend you on that project!
    Possibly once completed you may ask Brian (Site Admin) if he would like a copy of that on Disc,so as those details could possibly be transferred to the site!
    I dont know which Ships are involved and what if any are on site at present,but thanks that sounds great!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 21st February 2019 at 04:00 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#6... Colin I already have a book called the Statesships Story 1912 - 1977. Research and written by Alan M. Stephens in collaboration with past and present officers of the Western Australian State Shipping Services
    OSBN 0 9500952 3 0. What the numbers indicate haven’t a clue. Full of photos also lists the charter. Vessels.
    I posted some time back if anyone wanted. You are quite welcome to it if you send me a post office box number to send to.
    Regards JWS

The. Front cover of the paperback is a reproduction of the charcoal drawings of former SSS vessels by a migrant artist R. Werner. Clockwise from left they are Koolama, 1, Koolinda, Kwinana, Kyabram, and Kangaroo 1, Originally the sketches formed the mural of the stairway between the main. Upper deck and promenade deck of Kangaroo 11, and are now a feature of the decor of the first floor area in Stateships head office in Fremantle. JS Obviously written before they disappeared. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 21st February 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few years ago I telephoned P&O's photographic dept asked if they could supply me with pictures of the ships I served on. They sent me brilliant photos 1 copy each of Orcades, Oronsay, Oriana, & Himalaya, black & white glossy prints. There is no copyright printed on them !! don't know copyright law.
    I have no scanner as such, If I post them to the gallery would someone be able to put them up for all to see ?
    They are really magnificent photos.
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Graham you could check the gallery to see if those ships are not already there.
    We operate a policy (as well as copyright) of no duplicate ships.
    Please do send them in and one of us will check them out.
    Mike
    Gallery Manager and Friend of the Website

R 693816

Please visit the Gallery to see the latest photos

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast