Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Question about salary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about salary

Re#29
    The Hamilton referred to is Hamilton, Bermuda. Nearly every ship I sailed on as cadet to chief officer for Canadian Pacific were registered in Hamilton Bermuda and even after C.P withdrew from the British shipping federation, our pay and conditions were superior to that of BSF vessels. The regulations covering surveys, v
    Hull and machinery and safety equipment were strictly observed with annual surveys etc being carried out by Lloyd's classification appointed surveyors. C.P also had some ships registered in Hong Kong that meant they were no different to any of the other registered ships in the fleet. Throughout my seagoing life I sailed on ships registered in the isle of man, Georgetown, (Cayman islands), Haugesund, Cardiff but fortunately having only worked for two different companies, both of whom looked after their ships and staff very well.
    Rgds
    J.A

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about salary

#26 not particularly your post but someone was asking about salary’s on Foreign flagged vessels. My experience on foreign owned vessels the Universal maritime union which some quote I never came across . The owners of mostly Far Eastern vessels would pay you by your nationality and what they thought as compatable to what you would earn on your own countries vessels. However they were open to discussion on this.the chief engineer on a Malaysian owned vessel was on 2500 US dollars a month, well above Russian wages ,a polish 2 engineer on a sister ship was on 4000 US a month one was paid according to nationality. Others will tell you different as were with this invisible to me universal union. JS
    R575129

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4