Thread: I wonder if this is actually

Lewis McColl Guest

Default I wonder if this is actually

Buckingham Palace was infuriated with Theresa May after she misled the Queen about the progress of negotiations as she sought to form a government, it has been reported.
    Tensions are said to have arisen between senior courtiers and Downing Street after the Prime Minister said she had secured the support of the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), only for it to take another 17 days before a deal was finalised.
    The palace was further irritated by Ms May breaching protocol as she announced her intention to form a government on the steps of Downing Street, the Sunday Times reported.
    A Tory peer told the newspaper: "She said, 'I've formed a government', not 'The Queen has asked me to form a government'. The palace was alarmed by her formulation of words."
    The affair did not prompt a formal complaint from the monarch but the Queen's private secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, is said to have repeatedly made his frustrations clear.
    "It is certainly true the palace was being given a greater sense of certainty about the deal than was accurate, because the truth is that the DUP buggered Mrs May about longer than she thought," said a royal source.
    Buckingham Palace was infuriated with Theresa May after she misled the Queen about the progress of negotiations as she sought to form a government, it has been reported.
    Tensions are said to have arisen between senior courtiers and Downing Street after the Prime Minister said she had secured the support of the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), only for it to take another 17 days before a deal was finalised.
    The palace was further irritated by Ms May breaching protocol as she announced her intention to form a government on the steps of Downing Street, the Sunday Times reported.
    A Tory peer told the newspaper: "She said, 'I've formed a government', not 'The Queen has asked me to form a government'. The palace was alarmed by her formulation of words."
    The affair did not prompt a formal complaint from the monarch but the Queen's private secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, is said to have repeatedly made his frustrations clear.
    "It is certainly true the palace was being given a greater sense of certainty about the deal than was accurate, because the truth is that the DUP buggered Mrs May about longer than she thought," said a royal source.
    The palace grew increasingly frustrated at Ms May's "lack of courtesy" as the delay meant the state opening of Parliament disrupted plans for Royal Ascot, they added.
    A Conservative adviser said Ms May had inadvertently misled the Queen because her chief whip, Gavin Williamson, "thought he had assurances he didn't have" from the DUP.
    The Prime Minister was said to have suffered a crisis of confidence in the wake of surrendering her majority in the snap general election, with aides reportedly considering enlisting a special forces commander to give her a pep talk.A Conservative adviser said Ms May had inadvertently misled the Queen because her chief whip, Gavin Williamson, "thought he had assurances he didn't have" from the DUP.
    The Prime Minister was said to have suffered a crisis of confidence in the wake of surrendering her majority in the snap general election, with aides reportedly considering enlisting a special forces commander to give her a pep talk.

This is the line that I hope has been fabricated.

The palace grew increasingly frustrated at Ms May's "lack of courtesy" as the delay meant the state opening of Parliament disrupted plans for Royal Ascot, they added.

It is fromthe Independent please do not start on about what would you expect from aleft wing rag like that. The indendent is a Centre left /Liberal publication.
    My point is I am sure her majesty would have preferred a day at the races but one would hope that the state opening of Parliament was higher up the agenda than Ascot ????

2. Thanks N/A, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wonder if this is actually

Long article on radio here this morning Lewis about that.
    YesI am along way from it but still take interest.

The talk here is that Boris is behind much of the discontent, but as stated by the correspondent, HM does not comment on such matters it is only staff and secretaries who do so.

As to the election that did not go so well.
    The blame according to this correspondent lies with her advisors who told her to go for it.
    Similar to those who told Cameron he would win the Brexit vote.
    Maybe time for a radical change of advisors?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Roger Dyer, Keith Tindell, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a period in our history where we need strong leadership, and i,m afraid we seem to be in tatters. If Boris is jockeying for the position of PM, he would in my opinion be a disaster, very clever, speaks several languages fluently, but does not engage brain before mouth. The example of his cock ups in Myanmar prove he's not even a very good foreign secretary, kt

6. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes robpage, Captain Kong, Trader liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had high hopes for Theresa May's leadership , and think Boris is too unpredictable , I don't like Jeremy Corbyn's Ideology too Marxist for me , and Vince Cable should be put out to grass .

None of them have any appeal to me at all, the Greens , well .....

we need Screaming Lord Sutch and The Monster Raving LOONY party back
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It always amazes me when I read reports that someone said this,someone
    said that,it is alleged that this and that happened,this took place and that
    took place.How do people know all this is true,and not just a load of cods
    wallop ?????
    Dave Williams

9. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    How about Ruth Davidson for leader, she's a remainer though,..... but a tough cookie?
    bet she would vote for same sex everything too
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ref 5, that clip of him quoting the poem, deemed to be offensive from our glory days, was on the news clip. and he could be heard saying it, he was pulled up a bit sharp by the British ambassador in Myanmar, kt

12. Likes Trader liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

As some may have observed I am no Tory but Amber Rudd has the makings of a contender.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I get the feeling that you have a similar situation in UK to us here in Oz when it comes to Feral politics.
    A genuine attempt to undermine the leader by those with a personal agenda.

Good strong governments are the ones that take the tough stance when it is needed even if it is not popular.

No good piddling around the edges, get in there and do the job.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

16. Likes j.sabourn, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of anti royalists use the monarchy as an excuse for most things that they demean and use as a polical crutch. The only mistake that they have made is not putting Blair Brown and Heath in the Tower of London. They all have lied, and should be a penalty for them never to hold office. The Queen is head of the Commnwealth and should be treated as such. If her own country does not appreciate her I am sure she would be accepted in other parts of the world. She probably has a better understanding of politics than all them put together. She should start taking a leaf out of Trumps book and get rid of her staff that give away private and family trash to the media. As far as Politcians go they get what they deserve. Which would be very little as far as I am concerned. JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 3rd October 2017 at 05:49 AM.