Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned in the USA

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Banned in the USA

How sick is American society or at least those who make the laws. As most of us have been to the USA at some stage during our sea going days or else on holiday. My family and I have been to the States loads of times at least 10 holidays and of course during my working life as well.
    I am sure we would agree that most Americans we have come across are good decent folk and on a lot of occassions are a generous people.
    How have they got to this though.

Brie cheese is not my favourite but I don't think it is as damaging as the photo below is??? Why on earth should something like this be allowed for sale to the general public??
    When I was younger I had the odd gun , Shotgun , a .22 rifle Browning SA22 semi automatic. I am sure that in today UK laws this gun would be banned now. I never had a hand gun. I had guns for a bit of Duck, Pidgeon, Phesants and Rabbit/Hare shooting and all was for the pot.
    The events in Las Vegas the other night!!!! just cannot comprehend how this nutter managed to get as many weapons into a hotel room , he had to have had someone help him to carry that lot up there. I think if I was the police I would be interviewing a lot of the staff at that Mandalay Hotel.
    Thing is it is only going to get worse, this murdering scum bag has just set a new world record and as we all know records are there to be broken.

https://www.facebook.com/thejeremyvi...408188/?type=3
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 5th October 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Banned in the USA

Lewis,
    That is because it is froggy French. Should be banned in the UK as well.

Brie (/briː/; French: [bʁi]) is a soft cow's-milk cheese named after Brie, the French region from which it originated (roughly corresponding to the modern département of Seine-et-Marne). It is pale in color with a slight grayish tinge under a rind of white mold.

Good on yer Yanks.
    Brian

You fell for that one Lewis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I was a young boy going to the Saturday morning pictures everything good in the world was American , everything bad was Russian and East German. The Americans wore the white hats , everyone was rich with huge cars and lived in beautiful houses with white picket fences. In contrast the Russians and East Germans lived in poverty constantly being watched and spied upon. We had to fear them and be prepared for when they would attack. The Ministries of Propaganda did a wonderful job , we all believed this , today people are better educated have information at their fingertips and question what they are told. Hence the decline in newspapers sales , the power of the lying Sun has gone forever.
    We now know there is very little difference between East and West , all want well paid work , a safe environment to raise families and to live in peace. Unfortunately because of the crazy gun laws in the States living in peace is not so easy , after this recent massacre there was an immediate rise in gun sales.
    When I was a young boy I never thought the people of the UK would be the most watched in Europe , more CCTV cameras here than all other countries. One thing has not changed , the Ministries of Propaganda are still working overtime.

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

POLICE in usa keep upgrading weaponry,so people do same,to protect themselves from police action,BENGY

john sutton Guest

crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengy Roberts View Post
    POLICE in usa keep upgrading weaponry,so people do same,to protect themselves from police action,BENGY
    crap

Bengy Roberts Guest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

methinks your doing naughties again benji.....be careul on your bike ...smoke get in your eyes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    the power of the lying Sun has gone forever.
    Totally inappropriate headline in the Sun this morning whilst passing the newstand saw 'Panic in Sin City' (or something similar)

Have been to Vegas four times in the last 12 years for extended periods, no gambling involved, people say what do you do? there is so much to do and see from superb restaurants, splendid hotels, shows that are world beaters and interesting tours etc, never got chance to be bored. Old people are respected by public and police alike, should a person assault an old person over 60 years old (even knocking them over even accidentally) then they are immediately arrested and carted off to the nick, talking to police officers (and they are friendly) they say they will not tolerate anyone who interrupts other peoples enjoyment, their economy is built on tourism and safety of said tourists. Having travelled the world, as most of us have I never felt threatened in anyway whilst in Vegas. Every big city has a sin section regardless of where that city is located, but you are certainly protected from it in Vegas.

I only comment on this as I found the Sun's' headline very distasteful at this time

10. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have always enjoyed my vacations in the US. and sailed with all kinds of Americans on the cruise ships. and all very friendly. No problems.

But Headlines like,........ British Tourist finds the USA is a great place to spend a vacation..............does not sell newspapers.

Many years since I bought any kind of news paper. Bigger liars than Politicians.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Louis,, obviously you had nothing to do with East Germany. All along the border there was towers every so many feet. Behind each tower was a watch tower watching the watch towers.
    On the TV stations one had an analogue clock the other was digital, the clocks were broadcast on an East German TV station and a West German TV station, I can't remember which broadcast the difference clock.
    Kids on entering school n E.G. were asked the innocent question,to draw the the clock that they saw most on TV. If they drew the W.G. clock, parents received a knock on the door and were carted away.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 5th October 2017 at 05:33 PM.

13. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast