Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: June 8th

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default June 8th

Sorry june 8th
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 18th April 2017 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re:JUNE 8th

agree all the way with you gulliver ...but am always troubled to find exactly what working class means .....is an engineers labourer a working class ...does that make the engineer middle class ....if i have a trade is that working class ......if i have a small business is that working class or a big business middle class...the term actually annoys me is a seaman working class is the mate middle class ......to me the term should be abolished...we all work in different capacity so we are all working ...the class is not relevent in this day and age is a teacher working class .....please note im am not wishing to argue with you personallly but i do find the word class disturbing .....ie if i sweep the street and then make a million hiring other labour to sweep the streets do i change this so called class......cappy ps the beloved ses ive got nee class.....JUNE
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think this will be the final swan song for that idiot Corbyn , anyone voting Labour should ask themselves if they really see Corbyn as the next Prime Minister ?. If I am completely wrong on this I will feed my left testicle to the cat, kt
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    Sorry june 8th

May 8th may have been a better date ?

Victory in Europe Day (VE Day)

K.
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:09 AM.

5. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I think this will be the final swan song for that idiot Corbyn , anyone voting Labour should ask themselves if they really see Corbyn as the next Prime Minister ?. If I am completely wrong on this I will feed my left testicle to the cat, kt
    ####promise lol cappy
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:10 AM.

7. Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: June 8th

Have no fear, I will not be talking with a squeak, but I,ll hedge my bet and borrow one of the wife's handbags !! Kt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the class system is still alive and well just look at the house of lords? I don't think any of us was born with a silver spoon in our mouth. we worked hard for what we got I worked with my hands so I am handy class means nothing the rich need the workers I have known men who could not read wright I was one of them but I was still working?? jp
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:10 AM.

10. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    Well Cappy,yes there are so many definitions of 'working class' that folks apply to themselves.
    Mine I suppose refers to coming from a poor,menial or blue-collared occupation family,non home owning ,two up and two down council rented cobbled terrace street in the north of England. At least until 1950 when Da

I d got a job with the Police ,which made him the first one in the family to better themselves.
    Me? Despite being in a fairly high income and pension bracket, owning a nice home,acquiring educational and professional qualifications and talking 'quaite naice' I still am working class and will be so until I die,and proud of it,just as a royal would be of being born into their position.
    I was 35 years old in 1970.
    In the village where I grew up, all the villagers including my father, were employed in the local paper mill. All the families lived in houses which were owned by the mill owner. One snag, if father had lost his job in the mill, we as a family would have become homeless. People living in rented council homes didn't have this problem, as they could change their employment as often as they wished without having the fear of being evicted from their homes.
    p.s. - President Trump refers to himself as the "blue collar billionaire".

FOURO.
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 19th April 2017 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Cappy.
    The old working class; rich class is now gone,finished, kaput. It is now a classless society, some in this society are very very rich; and some in this society are very very poor.
    Cheers Des

13. Likes N/A, cappy, Fouro liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

White collar as opposed to blue collar workers is the definition used to describe the two classes. But white or blue, unless you are a very wealth person you have to work.

There was a time in UK, and it may still be, where certain areas saw certain workers live. Blue collars predominately in the north, with white in the south.
    Here in Oz there is none of that, a wealthy stock broker may be living beside a bus driver, we try not to discriminate. Though we do have some upper crust, which really is nothing more than a load of crumbs sticking together.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes N/A, cappy, Fouro liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast