Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ocean Tramping Co., Ltd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ocean Tramping Co., Ltd.

Hi All.

I was with Ocean Tramping for a year, joined M/V Pratincole in Ghent in August 1990 as Jnr. Radio Officer. Trained by my good friend still today Ger Scannell. Had my 21st onboard and got 21 cans of beer from Captain J.N Gowrie. We had a great fun there, sailed to NOLA and on to dry dock in Qinhuangdao. Transferred then to M/V Humanist in Shanghai and spent 9 months there up and down to Tanjung Priok (Jakarta), 1 month alongside each time, great times. Did not go back for the 2nd year so got no leave pay as I got a great opportunity to join an offshore crane ship DB Sarita in Houston so the leave pay was paid back in the 1st month....Happy memories of the Mariners Club in Hong Kong. All the best. Sean.

2. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just out of interest Sean what sort of Radio Certificate did you get in 1990. ? You were 20 then was it in radiotelegraphy . ? JS
    #20 going back 5 years a bit late in the day to answer Cappy but believe it or not just seen , the Alan Hogg mentioned is not the Hogg out of Runcimans he was John P.. Hogg from originally Cullercoats / Tynemouth. A long time dead now. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 18th June 2022 at 01:54 PM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi JS. Sorry I have not seen your reply to my message till now. I did the MRGC with radiotelegraphy. Must have been one of the last classes.The M.V Pratincole and Humanist were morse ships. in 1991 I went offshore on the DB Sarita in the Gulf of Mexico and had my first Satcom JRC Sat A and also Telex.

5. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#20 Have just seen this post 6 years too late , better late than never , that’s if I haven’t already replied to ,but don’t see. That Hogg was J.P. Hogg , Cappy, John Percy . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 9th September 2023 at 11:07 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Moseley View Post
    I am sorry, I could not find how to post this in the Shipping Company Forum, so if this is the wrong place, could you move it please !

I am just wondering if any of you have heard of, or worked for the Ocean Tramping Co., Ltd, started as a company in 1957 and based in Hong Kong ?
    Valerie, Hi, I sailed with Sandy Walker on an Ocean Tramping vessel called Jollity We called at Liverpool and other ports . He took a short leave to Sunderland and came back with a wife named Tommy (Tommasina, a Sunderland girl) We sailed together a long time and it was a good company. You can email me :tstoppard @outlook.com for any more info. I was Chief Officer & he was Captain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3