Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Haunts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Old Haunts

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Thanks Ivan knew someone in the world of high finance would know. My wife I am sure used to have a bracelet with silver threepenny bits on. haven't seen it for a long time, maybe she used them when we were hard up. As always. Cheers JWS
    ###it is now marys prize possession ...wonder did she get it all at once ...the mind boggles or just one at a time ......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Must have been that night I couldn't get any Rhino Horn and had to do with South Shields oysters which were really winkles, cant remember a thing, think I was robbed. JS

3. Likes cappy, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10... That means poor old Ivan was poorer than he thought he wont be able to sleep now until he figures out who short changed him. Cheers JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Ivan knew someone in the world of high finance would know. My wife I am sure used to have a bracelet with silver threepenny bits on. haven't seen it for a long time, maybe she used them when we were hard up. As always. Cheers JWS
    The silver threepenny piece was known in the UK as a Joey and were put in xmas puds for good luck, I nearly swallowed
    one when I was a kid, then they were phased out and replaced by the brass threepenny bit. cheers JFC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10... That means poor old Ivan was poorer than he thought he wont be able to sleep now until he figures out who short changed him. Cheers JWS
    Well as from Wednesday I'll have a month in Tenerife to figure it all out, give me something to ponder whilst relaxing in my sun lounger sipping a sangria, charging my batteries for the nights dancing, and bloody less of the 'old' Last year I actually lost weight on holiday, hope I can repeat the experience

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have a good time Ivan (but don't let Captain Kong know where your going).

8. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't get too much of a suntan Ivan, after Brexit talks on Gibraltar they might not let you back in, k

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Don't get too much of a suntan Ivan, after Brexit talks on Gibraltar they might not let you back in, k
    Oh yes they will! as I'll then be the same colour as the majority of the immigration officers now manning the desks at most airports

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, long ago 1968 was in Capetown S.A did not take any pictures of the bars/pubs/ but have one of myself and my shipmate robbo with a pilot ladder on deck, dont remember much about Capetown it was very nice, and table top mountain was in the back ground of my photo, saw a very big nobby clark swimming close like the one in the film jaws, the wine was too strong for a young boy to drink? but I had a go. done a few ports on that coast L marks/ durban ? the beer was strong so dont remember them much? I was young and foolish.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Louis, first time in Capetown we innocently walked into a bar that had a black barman who couldn't serve us and
    directed us to another bar that was for whites only, that was my first experience of apartheid but it wasn't the last
    we saw the local coppers beating some poor bugger to pulp with their truncheons and a British seaman was horse whipped for being caught with a black woman in the shanty town by the Tabletop mountain while we were there and I'll never forget seeing the black dockers going home there was about 30 of them doing some sort of tribal dance and
    chanting whilst using sticks as if they were spears, thats always stayed with me. cheers JFC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast