Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Malabar 1847

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Malabar 1847

Hi Marian/Richard/Captain,

Thanks for the welcome My email is dean@waxconsulting.com ...not sure where I mucked up..so I'll just post it again here.

Yes the above details match my dates and yes I have a tree on Ancestry already.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...sorry typo, obviously should be 1847

Some clips of the info I have found so far:

Edwin Pearce Record.jpg
    william-clark-the-english-merchant-ship-malabar-1836-oil-on-canvas-drm2r6.jpgTNA_MSEA_BTOTH_4620382_00418.jpg42482_635001_0004-00372.jpg42482_635001_0004-00372.jpg
    Last edited by Dean Walker; 5th October 2016 at 12:51 AM.

gray_marian Guest

Hi Dean, Have sent a list which may be useful...by email! It hasn't been returned as yet, let me know if it doesn't arrive and I'll post here instead. Marian

3. Thanks Dean Walker thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Richard I did a tour of Fremantle prison, What a Grim place, not used now, only a tourist attraction, very interesting, also to the Execution Chamber. They could hang three men at a time in their. I pulled the lever and the trap door fell open. felt strange. The condemned man had to walk from his cell out through a door, down some steps and across the yard, up some more steps and then stand on the trap door.Not as quick as the British gaols.
    Cheers
    Brian.

5. Thanks Richard Quartermaine, Dean Walker thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Dean Walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: # 21/22 Gulliver and Fouro
    I really appreciate the information and though my links with Burns Philp go sixty-eight years I had not seen anything like the graphic detail of the Malabar. In fact, most people know of Long Bay, but only as the Long Bay Jail but few would have a clue of how the Sydney suburb of Malabar got its name. I wish that David Burns had a computer to let him see this but he doesn't and copyright is too risky for me to print it out.

The names of the places that the Malabar, Marella and Merkur called at are all most familiar to me. I was very fortunate during my ten years association in Indonesia and from Singapore to have had (and still have) a sincere friendship with my Chinese/Indonesian business partner. He and I would travel around the country on business and together with our wives, throughout Java, Sumatra, Madura, Bali, etc. all the time the learning and understanding what visitors would never have.
    Thanks again,
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

7. Thanks N/A, John F Collier, Dean Walker thanked for this post
    Likes Ivan Cloherty, N/A, Dean Walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Dean

I am a decendant of the same Edwin Theodore Napoleon PEARCE. I have found Edwin's enlist record for the brisith merchant navy dated 27th July 1847 with those same ticket numbers. He was ticketed when he was 17. I know his convict registration number was 3214 and he was trailed via court martial in Bombay India for Insubordination in the Army.

I am interested in anything that anyone may have on him, life in the merchant navy, time in India and in regards to Freemantle Water Police or any information you may have

Regards

Rebecca

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##just out of interest i had a great uncle.......andrew cram from shetland drowned on boxing day 1912 at dunston on the river tyne while aboard or boarding the malabar.....dont know if she was a steamship or a windbag......my own granfather also went over the wall there in dunston but managed to swim ashore ...my granny always said dont go to dunston to me but i only went once to pay off a collier and jeez i was one carefull young man then ....cappy

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#35, Hi Rebecca, Welcome to the site. Dean has not been on the forum since 16th October 2016, so probably best you send him a private message for a quick response.If you go to the top of this page and click "settings" and follow instructions from there.

13. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4