Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

Reports in our news, Agency nurses are costing the N.H.S. a fortune, Cameron and his government are quick enough to cap benefit payments, Pensions, Tax credits, E.T.C. Why on earth are agency staff aloud to charge up to 3 to 5 times what ordinary nurses earn. The government are looking at ways of saving money this is as easy as 1-2-3 Cap there pay and legislate it. Don't beat about the bush bloody well do it. And maybe they will see a real difference in the N.H.S. Bill, It makes one wonder the logic behind some of the decisions made at the top level in government, Get your a*se into gear and act don't think or hold an inquiry bloody well do it Terry.
    {terry scouse}

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

Some of these nurses are working for the agencies on their days off, some are working because they have children, and can only work certain hours etc, why cannot the NHS run its own agency?, you must be able to run a central office cheaper than paying these huge fees. Why cannot the hospital run a nursery school with cheap rates ?, and get the Mums working the hours that suit them, they would still get the same rate of pay, and save a fortune in agency fees. must be too simple kt

4. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that I was recently in hospital and the nurse in charge of the ward was telling me she used to work in this hospital and on this ward but she left to become a District Nurse.She is now on the bank (agency)as they call it,I jokingly said to her not bad £250 quid a shift,she replied quite seriously they say it is going up to £35.00 per hour.Last week I had to attend a day ward for a follow up on my treatment,a young girl was in attendance with the nurse I asked her was she a Pupil Nurse,yes she is,I asked her how many are there in training she said there are thousands of us.This young nurse did take my bloods (supervised)so her and many more must just about be ready to qualify.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

its called supply and demand terry......and as long as the NHS is willing to support the prices paid to agency staff more and more persons ie nurses etc will use that way of making more money for less work ...the answer is in the NHS not the government......would you work for a tenner an hour ...when you can get thirty five quid per hour .......doubt it.....we all take all we can from the employer .......and only anything state run or any public. service paid for by council tax is a bottomless pit .....private business must make a profit or close ......no bottomless pit there

7. Likes Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I forgot to mention this young nurse said (most probably thinking when she qualifies) they are going to make another 2000 nurses redundant this year.Where is the sense in that,they make them redundant give them a good pay off then the same made redundant nurses come back and work for them on agency money.I think that the government will now take a closer look at this and put the blocks on it.Hospitals with high agency figures should have the management looked into.I wonder who owns these agencies,what MP's are part time advisors or part owners of them.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

9. Thanks Doc Vernon, Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###can you confirm jim where if any where it states they are to make 2000 nurses redundant this year....as i have only seen promises to train nurses

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't confirm it atall it was not only the view of the young nurse but also mentioned by an older nurse on the ward I was on.As they are the people who work in the industry and it is them who it will affect I will just have to take there word for it.You say cappy you have only read that they intend to train more nurses the young Pupil Nurse said that there are already thousands of them in training,I'm sure she must've been a couple of years in training if she is allowed to take bloods.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

13. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

kieth when it takes the supposed main political opposition in the country 6 months to vote on a new leader with only 4 or 5 contenders how can we expect the NHS which is over loaded and the kicking ball of the left to do anything out of its sphere of activity except look after its main occupation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###can you confirm jim where if any where it states they are to make 2000 nurses redundant this year....as i have only seen promises to train nurses
    Cappy. Me thinks Jimmy has hit on something there................................... Who owns the Agency's and it was at the head of the Labour Party's manifest to make 8.000 nurses available immediately, You cant comment on it because they never got the chance ? Cappy I don't know why you arnt a Minister for this Tory government you know more about it than them.
    The NHS has spent a *staggering £5.5billion paying agency staff to plug huge staffing gaps in our crisis-hit hospitals.

New figures show bosses are regularly hiring nurses for as much as £160 an hour to cope with the crippling shortages that put patients’ lives at risk.

Our probe found that NHS *foundation trusts spent £4.3billion of taxpayers’ cash on contract and agency staff since David Cameron became Prime Minister in 2010.

And standard NHS trusts – which have less financial freedom than foundation trusts– paid out another £1.2billion last year alone as they desperately tried to cover wards.

But experts fear the true cost of hiring agency nurses, midwives and other staff could be double the £5.5billion total as the Department of Health does not have records for 2010 to 2013. Who,s watch was this on Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###i answered the list of questions you asked in my ist statement its.... supply and demand .......as for me leading the torys ...i am pleased that you would think me capable of that ......i am not so sure but thank you for your confidence......isadly do not have the same confidence in you leading the now right newer than new labour party who at the last election .....in which they were trounced i say trounced....lost all recognition as a party of any sort ......but be careful what you wish ted as militant tendency is gaining ground again and i am sure they will ...keep the red flag flying high.....regards cappy .....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast