Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

######off with his head i say .....off with his head

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last Thursday I went with my wife to do the weekly shopping...boring...Anyway as I was waiting at the check-out I, being a total book-worm and can't stop reading, looked at the magazine rack. Out of fourteen magazines on display, eight had front cover pictures of members of the Royal family. Seven of them were favorable, with headlines that Kate, William and baby George are so thrilled with little Charlotte. The Queen is ecstatic over the new royal cutie. The one that wasn't gushing, is a weekly that carries headlines like Obama is setting up concentration camps in the New Mexico desert, or Jackie O sighted with Elvis, I assume you get the idea it is a rag. It's headline was something about "Kate is worried that Camilla is going to poison her." Regardless of the one of dubious content, it goes to show that the American public can't seem to get enough of the Royals.

Of all the countries I've lived in or visited, the "yanks" are the only race that the majority absolutely love everything about the "English", sorry but they don't understand that "British thing," English is a generic term for Brits. About twenty per cent (and growing) of our T.V. and Radio announcers or actors in T.V commercials are Brits. Why? Because the "yanks" equate the British accent with class, and also they can use them in commercials that require humor, because no group of people will get pished off if you take the mickey out of them a bit. Those Americans of Anglo stock don't get offended at perhaps being GOOD NATUREDLY TEASED, you see Anglo-Americans inherently believe they're above the common herd. Unlike say Italian-Americans, Jewish-Americans or God help us African-Americans who would see it as an insult and all hell would break out (excuse me for the mixed metaphors). Plus if they portrayed a Brit as being a bit silly, they wouldn't believe it anyway, they'd KNOW it was a put-on. There are times reading some of the comments on here, I feel like buying an add in the paper and say wake up Americans they don't like you over there!

Now, back to the flack. A month or so after I had attempted to correct some false premises on America, I mentioned that I never make comments on the British question of the E.U, Scotland's independence vote, and your recent elections as I felt I didn't have the right to comment. Well I was corrected by at least two, I could go back and look for more, but no matter. I was told that Britain was the home of free speech and I was entitled to have an opinion on "Friends" about current events.
    It's starting to smell like they are wrong, I have hit a nerve I guess.

I have no opinion on the Royal family one way or the other, they do not concern me. You are for them....Good! You are opposed to them....Good, I have as much interest in them as you have on Obama. his wife and his two daughters. I was not making a statement as to whether they are good or bad, or if I liked them or didn't....I don't care. Now if you couldn't see that I was making an ironic, humorous little dig, then I humbly apologize—read touch my forelock and grovel—and promise to study humor in writing in my next college lesson. And to show how sorry I am, I will climb down off my soapbox and leave humor and British current events to the pros in Hyde Park on Sundays.

Rodney returning to that phone booth defending truth, justice and the American way....Crap! There goes my promise of leaving humor to the pros.

3. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Statement of fact. For those of what used to be diverse sexual habits, a good place to get a job would be I am told be the BBC, or most theatrical companies, a third choice would be from in the domestic branch of Buck house or other establishments of sovereignity. I think most seamen due to their past occupation and experience can spot them. However this does nothing to disclaim the monarchy, which I would imagine a lot of the employees there will be very pleased about, being legal at last it seems. Myself I think more of the Queen than any politician, and thank God we don't have to put any one like Obama or Cameron on a pedestal. They have a certain restricted time in politics thank goodness, Royalty is never ending hopefully. Who ever heard of fighting for P.M. and country. He probably caused any war in the first place, let him fight his own battles. The UK is very fortuanate in having a Royal Family, long may it reign. The other so called leaders of the country are mostly a bunch of jokers, trying to emulate their betters. For those who are bigoted enough to think they don't have any betters, would be good early material for Karl Marx, and maybe good communist material. Either that or have Revolutionary ideals. The idea that everyone is equal is never ever going to happen in our lifetime, we are all born equal i.e. are naked, how may clothes or 1000 dollar suits you want to wear is up to yourself and is called life. Myself the same as millions of others have nothing but respect and admiration for the Royal Family, and just pleased it is there, it makes Britain what it is. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 4th June 2015 at 04:22 AM.

5. Thanks Captain Kong, Ivan Cloherty, cappy, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Alan whitlow, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=
    , I feel like buying an add in the paper and say wake up Americans they don't like you over there!

.[/QUOTE]

Now Now Rodney, don't be silly, of course we like you over there!!!!

7. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had a Jewish American girlfriend at one time. Is one of the few women in my life which left a vacant and a missed opportunity in my life. One of the reasons why we should get two goes at it. JS

9. Likes Captain Kong, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Now Now Rodney, don't be silly, of course we like you over there!!!!
    ##like that ivan ...cappy

11. Thanks Ivan Cloherty, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cap benefits on some poor unfortunate person in England but still send benefits abroad to terrorists,rapist and all other none desirables that we have kicked out.Oh the cry Labour were doing it as well you know,shame on them too,still doesn't make it right.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.Tories 'paying benefits to deported criminals': Millions sent abroad to people kicked out of Britain - Mirror Online
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Cap benefits on some poor unfortunate person in England but still send benefits abroad to terrorists,rapist and all other none desirables that we have kicked out.Oh the cry Labour were doing it as well you know,shame on them too,still doesn't make it right.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.Tories 'paying benefits to deported criminals': Millions sent abroad to people kicked out of Britain - Mirror Online
    morning jim ......utopia we will never find .....i am off to canny shields which holds a large part of my heart .....although it has high employment and a alcohol level of deaths almost as big as liverpool i love shields and the people .....sadly i had to leave to make a living for a wife and ist child.....somehow i also feel sad ....as they have constantly put the left in power .....this shows inthe local economy and the state of shields in general.....this is not right dogma it is the blind truth......we send money all over the world ..i think few like that ......but it will always be .....it is currying favour for other times.....when we may need some support ...yes its wrong ..but it will never change whatever party is in power .....i can only say it is not perfect in this country but i am sure you agreee we wouldnt live anywhere else ..........respectfully yours cappy

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9