Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cap Benefit/ Cap Agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    I believe that the outfit running this agency known as NHS Professionals was a Government body responsible to the Minister Of State For Health.It did start going into profit but the present Government sold it off to the private sector (I wonder if Vince Cable or any Tory that lost their seat is working there).
    The NHS spent £1.8billion on temps last year.Experts said it was due to bosses plugging gaps caused by a shortfall of 20.000 nurses.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Hi Jim,
    Where did you get the info regarding the sale of NHS Professionals, the coalition looked at a possible sale in October 2014, but nothing was carried out.
    NHS Professionals Ltd., no longer receives government funding and is a profitable organization, supplying temporary staff of all kinds to NHS Trusts. It has according to their site 30,000 people on their books.
    They carryout inhouse training for personnel.
    But does ask the question, why if they have 30,000 personnel why is there a shortage of personnel at the NHS Trust Hospitals?
    Regards
    Vic

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vic please tell me who owns it now.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim, from their website in 2010 they were set up as NHS Professionals Limited, and at that time state funding ceased.
    They seem to be a profit centre in their own right and still Government owned.
    Regards
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well if it is making a profit Vic why are the government going bananas over being ripped off by agencies,which includes NHS Professionals.That wickepedia site differed with another I read I think your post is based on wicki.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

6. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well if it is making a profit Vic why are the government going bananas over being ripped off by agencies,which includes NHS Professionals.That wickepedia site differed with another I read I think your post is based on wicki.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Jim, not based on Wicki, based on the company annual returns for 2014. Did get the figures wrong, its 50,000 hospital personnel that have completed their training are offered a position with NHS Professional, although they aren't guaranteed full employment. They do place over 2000 personnel on a weekly basis with NHS Trusts.
    I don't know why there is a big outcry over NHS temps and costs, if it is going back to training etc.
    Regards
    Vic
    PS Jim never trust Wicki, to much ill informed information and in accurate data on that website. I have challenged their info in the past and got no where.
    The only registered Share Holder in NHS Professionals Limited is the Secretary for State.

8. Likes Jim Brady, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vic does it tell you how much a shift that they charge to supply a ward sister.?
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, no mention of charges for supplying staff.
    Regards

Vic

11. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    Jim, no mention of charges for supplying staff.
    Regards

Vic
    Jim, further info on NHS Professionals Limited as of close of accounts 2014.
    Cash at Bank £11,806,000
    Liabilities worth £75, 736,000
    Net Worth £45,484,000
    Assets worth £120,142,000
    Date of Incorporation 23.9.2008
    Company described as Private Company with limited share capital.
    Share equity 46,091,000 £1 shares.
    Issued shares £20,000,000 £1 shares
    One registered shareholder Secretary of State.
    Ultimate Parent Company: British Government.
    Hope this of interest
    Regards
    Vic

13. Thanks N/A, judith george thanked for this post
    Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Jim, You wont win with the Tory element amongst us, We will always differ in opinion because some of us have seen both sides of the spectrum, Others only have tunnel vision, Let me leave my thread on this note, Forget your politics' for one minute and just give a thought to the ordinary guy in the street who have lost there house through Bedroom tax/ Poll tax/ Sky high rents by private Landlords/ And lost there jobs through privatisation/ And soon to be Benefit Cuts on a large scale these are facts not Wiki or fiction. To the ordinary Joe Blogs in this country it is not a house a house is bricks and mortar, Its there { HOME } Probably the home they have raised there kids in gone through thick and thin just like everyone has. That's the fundamental, problem with the Tory government no compassion or respect for anyone less fortunate than them selves. I am sick to the back teeth of listening to a public schoolboy gang of twits banging on about nothing other than the deficit, Where is there humane side when it comes to making policies' in government. I am afraid it doesn't exist Finished with engines for know Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just returned from a few days in sunny Fleetwood, also saw our William, he is doing OK.
    just been reading this thread. again a lot of Anti Conservative rhetoric, about Nursing agencies.
    Now these Agencies just happen to have been set up under the LABOUR Government,
    Here is a copy of an advert from one Agency. set up in 2001, when Labour was in Gov.
    Established in 2001, Nursing Personnel Ltd is one of the UK's leading nursing agencies, supplying RN nurses for all clinical specialties to the NHS and private sector. We are proud to be an NHS approved Nursing Agency and are part of the HealthTrust Europe NHS framework agreement.

I did not vote Conservative, I did not vote Labour so I have no axe to grind over any political party
    BUT
    Lets have a little two way condemnation of the system, I get peed off listening to one way criticism.
    Brian.
    I have always had an excellent service from the NHS, I do not know anyone who has had a bad deal from them so what the hell is the problem?
    They saved my life again five months ago and so I am very happy with it. No Waiting times at all, one operation for cancer in less than four days from Diagnosis and on a Saturday too, and the second four weeks later within 12 days. just received a letter this very morning from Macmillan Nurses at Wythenshaw Hospital, Manchester saying I was now clear , but to watch for certain signs of any return.
    So why people complain about the NHS I cannot understand.
    My life saving operation in Honolulu two years ago cost $88,000, would anyone like a system like that????
    I doubt it.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 2nd June 2015 at 04:30 PM.

16. Thanks cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, vic mcclymont, N/A, judith george liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast