Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Epilepsy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Epilepsy

Terry in the 70"s we had a big clearout in Rotterdam after an attempted murder in West Africa. A new crew was sent over from Dock Street. There was shouting in the alleyway about midnight the first night and going down was one of the ABs was lying at full stretch. I and a couple of others managed to get him to his cabin and bunk. I thought at first he was pissed, however he had an epileptic fit. When he came to he admitted to having them he also at one time had attempted suicide and showed me the scars on his wrist. How he ever got past the Dock Street doctor I wouldn't know. However he was paid off sick. Also on my first trip to sea one of the motormen went into a fit in the corner of the messroom and a lot were used to him doing this, however having been in the fit longer than usual someone checked him and he was dead. The ordinary vessel at sea is not fitted out medically wise to cope with such and any side bits attached to such. I know a lot of people can live and manage it, but they don't have very far to get proper medical aid. Cheers JS PS Sorry have put this up in a previous post. Doesn't time fly JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 2nd March 2017 at 09:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2