Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Robert Prescott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Robert Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Just a quick update to my last reply.The guy on the opposite end from Sparky was a junior engineer and like Sparky and myself(i was the Electrician) sank quite a few cans. We used to hold "parties' in my cabin which was bigger than the others.We would talk absolute rubbish as the night wore on.We would gradually reduce in numbers til there were only three or four left - Sparky and Robert were always there til stumps. I used to crash in my bed in the corner and tell them last out turn off the music and the light. I would wake in the morning with a roaring headache and my bed full of empty cans and bottles all around (and under)me!We played hard but we worked hard too. I can remember the juniors would "turn too" in a breakdown. This meant that Robert would have to drag himself out of bed to go down the engine room and join the rest of us to get the repairs done as quick as possible. i am sorry to hear about your loss. i have been in Australia since '74. It hit home too when i read about the Debyshire. Bibby Line were a "family" line.
    Hi Mate you have had ne laughing with the memories of those days. I always laugh to myself when I think of them and
    miss Bob as he became a Godfather to my daughter, miss him a lot. Hope you are well any way. take care mate

Gulliver Guest

Post Re: Robert Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by robert owens View Post
    Hi Mate you have had me laughing with the memories of those days. I always laugh to myself when I think of them and
    miss Bob, as he became a Godfather to my daughter, miss him a lot. Hope you are well any way. take care mate
    Hi Rob. Sad to let you know that Ross Davidson,from Port Noarlunga,S.Australia is no longer with us. I received a Private Message from Calway (Bob Prescott's sister ,whom I think you will know).It was 5 years ago now,back in 2011; as follows;-
    Hi Davey, hope you are keeping well, I thought you would like to know but I have some bad news about Ross he has cancer of the pancreas and only has a few months left, I havent heard from him in a while he has been in contact with me since I started on this site which I am so thankful for he was a kind man and I will miss him.
    Last edited by Gulliver; 1st June 2016 at 06:20 AM.

3. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3