Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Merchant Navy College Assignment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Merchant Navy College Assignment.

Looking for specials at the off door licences Ivan. You didn't put your order in so wont get any. JS

2. Likes N/A, Ivan Cloherty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello everybody i know its been a while but I'm back to his post and have been using the information you guys provided to write my essay. I would like to thank you all very much for your valuable information and assure you that each and every answer has been very helpful! As for myself, I'm currently 17 studying my A levels. I hope next year to secure a cadetship and begin a life in the merchant navy. Again i would like to thank you all for taking the time to answer my post its much appreciated, stay safe.

gray_marian Guest

#22, Good luck in your exams Ben and if and when you secure a cadetship in the Merchant Navy the odd line or two on your experiences would be appreciated. If only to remind the old codgers what they are missing Best Wishes in your endeavours.
    Marian

5. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

May I add one thing Ben which is somethig unfortunately we didn't have in the 1950s and thats a video camera and plenty of spare discs to record what you will encounter. You will be pleased later on in life in what you saw.
    John.

7. Likes Ivan Cloherty, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another thing to remember is in our day is the length of time it took to load and unload cargo -- weeks at times. I can remember five weeks in Melbourne due to a strike !! Today it is '' in and out '', sometimes in a matter of hours ! Also, the remoteness of many port facilities from any civilization ( the nearest boozer or house of ill repute ! ) compared to our era -- think of Hobart -- the bow ropes were at the door of the nearest Pub !Regards Peter in NZ.

9. Likes Captain Kong, Ivan Cloherty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone! I though I'd pop by to give you all a little update on myself and current position. I've successfully secured a deck cadetship with northern marine management commencing in September at Fleetwood. From what I gather they are an excellent company and take on cadets with the intention of giving a them a job at the end. I'm very excited and can't wait for the adventures which lie ahead of me. I would like to thank everyone in this thread for there contribution and help with completing my college assignment which left me with something intresting and relevant to speak about in my interviews. Once again thanks for the help and All the best, Ben Dennison.

Ps: any tips/advice is very welcome
    Last edited by Ben Dennison; 12th August 2016 at 01:55 PM.

11. Thanks N/A, j.sabourn, Captain Kong, Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell, N/A, Hugh liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the update Ben, nothing we like better with new blood on site, and new experiences to tell us about. Good luck for the future, and although I am 76, I,m full of envy, regards Kt

13. Likes N/A, Captain Kong liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

Well done Ben, exciting times lie ahead. Keep us posted please and best of luck.

15. Likes Captain Kong, N/A, Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good on yer Ben.
    Fleetwood College is excellent.
    I did all my Certificates up to Master there. even tho` I was never a Cadet, I was AB for 20 years first.
    Good luck.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dennison View Post
    Hello everyone! I though I'd pop by to give you all a little update on myself and current position. I've successfully secured a deck cadetship with northern marine management commencing in September at Fleetwood. From what I gather they are an excellent company and take on cadets with the intention of giving a them a job at the end. I'm very excited and can't wait for the adventures which lie ahead of me. I would like to thank everyone in this thread for there contribution and help with completing my college assignment which left me with something intresting and relevant to speak about in my interviews. Once again thanks for the help and All the best, Ben Dennison.

Ps: any tips/advice is very welcome
    as for a piece of good advice ...dont wear pink sea boots .....JWS is selling a pair..........lol regards and good luck in your career........cappy

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast