Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: copywrite

john sutton Guest

Default copywrite

having posted most of my memoirs on the site I would like to know if there are copywriting rights on this sight as I would hate to think that if in the future I wish to publish my life story some of it is blocked because parts have been downloaded and incorporated into someones own book as part of their life story.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: copywrite

Well that is you well and truly told off John and it was only a simple question to ask.

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

#2, Excuse my ignorance in such matters Mike, perhaps you can enlighten me also. If having written a memoir etc, who would you advise is required thereafter to forward the production of said book........apart from that all important 'gagging for it publisher' as you satirically put it, copy-writer, compulsory? proof reader? anyone else? Thank you, Marian
    Last edited by gray_marian; 3rd December 2014 at 02:21 PM.

6. Likes Braid Anderson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian send your memoirs to me for censorship. John S PS or better still cappy JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 3rd December 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While on this subject I would like to recommend a best selling book that perhaps Mike has not read.

HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mike, one thing we have agreed on this site is that we don't correct other peoples spelling or misuse of the English language, because if we did it would put a lot of people off from posting very interesting stories. If something needs correcting then we do it in our reply with the correct usage without telling the poster he was wrong, and then it is up to them whether or not they use the system they are used to or a fresh one. Otherwise we are all fair game for everything else if you want to take anyone down or slag them off, happy slagging days are yours for the taking. Not everyone had the benefit of a decent education, or even half decent, especially those of us born before the war when we were forced from one end of the country to another by the Germans (I was bombed out three times) plus being evacuated. One member never had an education until he was eleven, self taught from deck boy to Master of 250,000 tonne ships. It's the stories that are important not the correct usage of the English language and all its nuances. Please feel free to correct my offerings if you so desire. Rgds

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re No's 1 and 2.
    Here is a quick explanation on the difference between "copyright" and "copywrite".
    Copyright- protection of materials such as - articles, books, songs, photographs and designs, giving the owner the right to copy the materials.
    Copywrite- the act of writing text for a brochure, article, website, ad, etc, - copy being a common term for the text in these items.
    This means I own the copyrights of my entries in this forum therefore I can call myself a professional copywriter.
    Until recently, I only disliked one scouser, he was Cpl Gupwell, my drill pig instructor during my square bashing in the army.
    FOURO.

11. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, Braid Anderson thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

#6, John, 'Censorship' Moi?....Afraid anything I may write will be for family only and certainly not for the reasons you think!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro,may I ask how many scousers have you met recently and where was it you met them and what harm did they do to you for you to all of a sudden dislike them.
    Regards,
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    john sutton Guest

Michael
    sarcasm is easy,honest wit is more difficult so you might want brush up on your wit.
    For your information I am a published writer and you might want to check the Motor Boat and Yachting website for my name, if it still there although its 20 years since they published anything of mine.
    You started another thread in which you state that Mike Walsh ghost writer is retired.How come in the current Euro weekly you have an advert claiming you can ghost write(edit) to bring your story to retail standard?
    I note that in your advert you do not say that your book was rated on the amazon book list at 1.323.205th.
    Perhaps that would discourage prospective punters
    It could be that somewhere I have wrong information on my next point but I seem to remember sometime in the past that you were offering your services in sales training and business advice.
    Mr Walsh you are not dealing with mugs here,genuine guys,yes.Friendly guys,yes but you should be aware that some of the members here have raised themselves from deckboys to ships masters(not me ,I didn't stay at school long enough) and have seen more of life than you could achieve
    yours in ignorance
    john sutton

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast