Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: copywrite

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: copywrite

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Walsh View Post
    Some of you guys, as always a small clique, are very good at flaming others, especially newcomers. When they snap back you are equally good at playing the victim. I have taken a lot of flack from the OP and for what? And, did any of this small clique criticise him. No, you girls must stick together. If you don't like me, kindly put me on your ignore lists.
    OMG: Sites woken up, love the banter. K

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Fouro,may I ask how many scousers have you met recently and where was it you met them and what harm did they do to you for you to all of a sudden dislike them.
    Regards,
    Jim.B.
    Jim lad, don't accuse us all of disliking Scousers per se, they are some of the greatest guys we have met and we have sailed with, but some people bring about their own rewards regardless of their origins or places of abode, so don't accuse us of not liking scousers or anyone else for that matter. Just because we disagree with certain postings doesn't mean we hate the poster, we just disagree with him/her regardless of creed/origin or colour. I wouldn't defend a Yorkshireman just because he's a Yorkshireman, if he was wrong, or if I thought he was wrong I'd certainly make my feelings known.

This nonsense had died a death this morning and was where it was supposed to be, in the annals of history, but an unfortunate reply to a civil question seems to have set it off again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Walsh View Post
    Some of you guys, as always a small clique, are very good at flaming others, especially newcomers. When they snap back you are equally good at playing the victim. I have taken a lot of flack from the OP and for what? And, did any of this small clique criticise him. No, you girls must stick together. If you don't like me, kindly put me on your ignore lists.
    There is no small clique here Mike, there are people with similar views and experience, who have no hesitation in expressing those views, believe it or not no one dislikes you, no one has met you, but if you continue calling men who have served their country in peace and war 'girls' then you can certainly earn their dislike and the dislike of others, there are lots of people on here with stories to tell that would make other stories published or unpublished pale into insignificance, some prefer not to tell, some do not have the ability to tell, but all are men and it is a dis-service to refer to them as girls. Banter as much as you want, even though you don't like banter but don't insult people who have served their country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan hatred is not in my vocabulary and the recent spats I have had on here I could not hate or even dislike anyone who was involved.To me it is/was a debate and I hold no malice ,hatred or dislikes against anyone it's not in my make up.I remember when my kids were little and some person would come on (maybe they didn't like his show)and one of them would say "I hate him" I would jump on them and ask how can you hate him when you don't know him and have never met him.I would finish with you don't like his show.Many people hate Liverpool and have never visited the place.Ivan fouro said he only ever disliked one scouser but recently he has come to dislike more (or words to that affect)being from Liverpool I think I had the right just like any other scouser to ask the question.I have not taken a blanket opinion that all hands on here dislike scousers in fact I have some good friends on here who are not from Liverpool.Yes previous was supposed a die a death but then you get someone who wants to jump on the bandwagon and resurrect it.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    john sutton Guest

I,m a scouser.Born in Westderby hospital and lived for a while in Norris Green so I have no dislike of scousers. Sailed of of Liverpool for a while and never had a problem but I do dislike blokes who take the pxxs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10... Just noticed your subtle enquiry re to my speaking French marian.. Speak it like a native, an African one that is. Don't tell Brian otherwise will be sent to Coventry. JS

8. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Copyright, copywrite , ghost writers , or just plain writing for public appeal... For those who have copies of the Book "Fire in The Night", I would draw your attention to the forward which incidentally is on the back cover of the epistle. " The fire was visible seventy miles away as a distant flickering flame on the horizon. The heat generated was so intense that a helicopter could only circle at a perimeter of 1 mile, the tongues of flames extending hundreds of feet above the rotor blades. On the surface a converted fishing trawler inched as close as possible, but the paint on the vessels hull blistered and burnt, and the rope handrails began to smoke, in the water surrounding the inferno, mens heads could be seen bobbing like apples as their scalps burned with the heat". This forward on the back page so to speak goes on. The bits inside the book concerning the vessel I could pull apart as were from others not qualified to make any accusations whatsoever as did not know the whole story. I know the author of this book and is quite a gentleman, but to be honest he was not there and wrote the book with what can only called poetic or Ghostwriting licence, for a start there were no rope handrails on the vessel to my knowledge, this must have come from his imagination. I cannot imagine any of the crew telling him thus which leaves a small band of discontented survivors, as certain parts of the book relating to my actions shows their complete lack of knowledge of the situation as it stood. The other descriptions aboard the platform only those who were there at the time will know, but the book describes in detail of what some went through. I am not trying to decry what is written, only that the reader must be aware of the fact that the author was not a participant in the scenario written and described by him. The same must apply to any ghost writer as such. All the books that are written on the same theme have never had any input from myself and would imagine most of the crew. Everything I have made or said to the press for instance is extremely little and a copy of such is on this site. Ghost writing is for those too lazy to put their own memoirs on paper and remember in total their actions, not the parts they only want to remember. I do remember within weeks if not days blame was being apportioned to some poor fitter (who was well dead) for the root cause, it took almost a year to come to this conclusion , so someone let the cat out of the bag too soon and must have spoken to the press out of context. There was an immediate shout of foul so was put on the back burner for a time. The statements re the height etc of helicopters who were only there in the latter stages their pilots and crews will have their own definitions of the assumptions/facts as stated. This is an example only of ghost writing, if a person cant write a book himself and puts it in the hands of a third party it is going to be a rare day indeed where the truth prevails. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #10... Just noticed your subtle enquiry re to my speaking French marian.. Speak it like a native, an African one that is. Don't tell Brian otherwise will be sent to Coventry. JS
    No, no do not send her to coventry, she mignt then think she is Lady Godiva LOL
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes j.sabourn, N/A, Braid Anderson liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John S. This is only a tiny consolation for you and will mean absolutely nothing to the outside world but people like us know the real truth.
    Nobody could have done better or done more, only those without knowledge of the sea and ships who have never faced danger would suggest otherwise.

john sutton Guest

during the 6 years that I,ve been a member there has never been as much animosity as there has been in the past few days.I have been slagged off and criticised and insulted by someone I have never met or would want to meet, simply because I suggested that he might have ulterior motives for joining the site.My opinion hasn't changed in fact because of the ferocity of the insults towards myself my opinion is re-enforced

do I need it?No.Nor do other members who are "falling out" over the pro,s and cons of the mans persona

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast