Thread: Help needed in regards to DSTO training

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Help needed in regards to DSTO training

Hello

I am a recently qualified Deck Officer, currently carrying out a dissertation on the role of the Designated Shipboard Training Officer (DSTO).

Please could you spare 2 minutes (literally!) to fill out a completely anonymous, online questionnaire. (It is very quick, mainly yes/no questions), the results of which should help improve the training of UK deck cadets and ease the role on the Officers training them.

Link can be found here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Jdv...ecOWw/viewform

This link explains my project on more detail. I will be presenting the results at a maritime conference in Plymouth at the end of February.

I am looking for Officer and above rank, of all departments and all nationalities. If you fit this profile PLEASE spare the time. The project can't go ahead without your opinions!

Many thanks,

Ewan Thomson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help needed in regards to DSTO training

Most of us left the sea years and years ago, so perhaps our thoughts would be invalid but one sentence worries me in the above 'deck cadets and ease the role on officers training them' why on earth would any officer (a capital 'O' is not necessary) want to abdicate the responsibility of training his subordinates, in my day at sea it was a pleasure teaching the young boys their craft knowing that the more they knew the safer it was for all. Seems attitudes have taken a retrograde step and it is not a 'calling' anymore but just a 'job' if the above statement is anything to go by