Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: James samuel wilding.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default James samuel wilding.

Hello to everyone, have been without success to to trace my fathers ships, kew cant help, his discharge book records are lost, canada cant help, i know o 3 he sailed on, rangitiki, fort augustus, ernest g pathy ex fort grouard, was a chief steward with watts watts during and after the war, am trying to make a photo record of his ships, he was torpedoed in ww2 i think on a watts watts ship but survived, do any of our members remember jimmy wilding and what ship they were on together, ? Any information at all. Tony wilding,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony
    as you do have some information, I would suggest that the only way to find the ships that he signed too would be to work backward from the last known ships official crew agreement , when signing the previous ship was usually entered on the agreement,
    could be drawn out and expensive !!
    Ray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default james samuel wilding

Thanks Ray, i was not aware of that, may give that a try, tony wilding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could this be him ? There was a James S Wilding as 3rd Butcher signed on the “Rangitiki” ( official No 149561) in Liverpool on the 20th October 1943 aged 40 with 2 years service (DoB circa 1904) when he signed, the ship arrived in New York on the 7th November 1943
    It may be that he did several voyages in January, March, June, July September, November 1944

There was a James Wilder arrived in Liverpool September 1942 aboard the “Britannic” as a DBS from Bombay assistant butcher the ships list is difficult to read his age seems to be 38 an address is given as 170 Monega ? Road Forrest gate London, the name of the ship is unreadable very blurred
    Ray
    PS log should be in
    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/c...0&SearchInit=6
    Last edited by Ray Buck; 3rd August 2011 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony,
    Ray is quite correct and that is the only way you can do it if his records have not survived.

However, and with respect to you, Kew have a very bad habit of dismissing enquirers. I am very well aware that not all CRS 10s have survived but unlike seamen's pouches most have and you would be quite unlucky if there were no records. Remember, Kew will only look in the file reference that you supply to them unless you pay them to carry out more detailed research.

So in an effort to save you some money could you tell me what you asked Kew for and what was their reply? I don't know if I asked you before but can you also tell me when he left the MN?

Regards
    Hugh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default James samuel wilding,

First i would like to say thankyou for your help, to all who have given there time. His address was 170 monega road, i was born there, if he was dbs on brittanic, maybe he was torpedoed befor that, maybe on another nzsc ship, i did visit kew 2 years ago and came away pretty disappointed with there lack of interest. My problem now is i have severe arthritus, cant walk 100 yards, so impossible to go back . I am not sure when he left the mn, he died when i was about 16 that was 1955, had separated from my mother befor that, as far as i know he was at sea shortly befor he died.last ship i have knowledge he was on was ss fort augustus as chief steward in 1947/48, was`senior chief steward with watts watts so must have been with them some time, my mother said whenever watts had a new ship he got the job as c/steward. Well from 1949 the new ones were, woodford, wanstead, wendover, my enquiry to kew asked for his records giving dob, dis book number and the names of 3 ships he was on, rangitiki, fort augustus and ernest g pathy, owned by federal commerce of montreal canada, but crewed by watts watts,, thanks again to everyone. Tony wilding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Tony,

I feel sure that if someone can look in this file you will find your dad's records: BT 382/1941.
    Kew will fob you off if you don't fill in the correct form and follow the correct process.

If you can get someone to look for you it will save a lot of hassle, believe me.
    Regards
    Hugh

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default re james samuel wilding.

thanks hugh, i will look into that, maybe next week i can drive there and try, if i can park close by .whatever happens i will inform u of any success, tony wilding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps some one could decipher the name of the ship ...
    Ray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default re photo

Hi, it gets worse if magnified, pity, but at least you tried. Thanks, tony.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast