Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles

by Derek Rigby Published on 1st January 1970 12:00 AM
by Peter Copley Published on 28th February 2024 10:02 AM
On reaching the Southwest coast of Iceland, the trawlers I worked on would shoot their gear to ‘stretch the warps’ before proceeding to the fishing...
by Gerald Farr Published on 12th February 2024 10:26 AM
I read in the latest newsletter that it is possible to hack into modern global navigation systems which set me thinking as I had often wondered how...
by Anthony Bradley Published on 1st January 1970 12:00 AM
by Derek Rigby Published on 20th November 2023 11:04 PM
This was in late December 1954. I had been taken on as a deck apprentice by Overseas Tankship UK Ltd, a.k.a. Caltex which was an American company...
by roger leck Published on 17th November 2023 09:57 PM
Watching England play Malta at footie tonight, I saw a Maltese player called Pepe. This rang a bell in my old brainbox. I left Gravesend School 2...
by Brett Hayes Published on 14th November 2023 01:50 PM
I did a 4-month voyage on the London Bridge (a Bowrings bulk carrier) in the aurumn of 1969. We sailed from Rotterdam (to the best of my knowledge,...
by Fred Saunders Published on 9th November 2023 11:40 AM
In December 1949 ( yes I know I am an old one) We paid off the s/s J.Duncan in either Port Talbot or Swansea. we had a quick check over by the black....
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive