Jun 2008
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jump to Comments

Coming to america -- to new york city

1 Comments by Doc Vernon Published on 10th January 2018 06:07 AM

"It was like going to never-never-land. Wewere sailing to America -- and going to New York City. We had lived in asmall village in Ireland but boarded the ship at Cobh. The year was1958," recalled a lady here on the Crystal Serenity. "Icould not sleep the entire night before we arrived -- I was so excited."
    "I remember it all like it was yesterday. Istood on the open deck early on the Saturday morning & just stared --and watched & watched. There was the harbor, the Statueof Liberty & the those great skyscrapers. It was even more thanI expected. The Britannic [Cunard] docked at Pier 92 and ourcousins & other friends were waiting there to greet us. Wewalked ashore, after immigration and collecting our bags, and it allbegan. We were in America -- the start of new lives with new hopes& possibilities."
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks cappy, John Callon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, John Callon, N/A liked this post
  3. Total Comments 1

Comments

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Coming to america -- to new york city

doc my son has just come home from there he was on one of the last planes out what a ripoff new York is going to central park a fella with a bike and buggy type thing wanted $200.00 for taking them around the park??? cheeky bastard i would have pinched his bike and it would be in the lake? and he was not an American!!! no wonder shootings are common there he found the Americans new Yorkers great people its all the immigrants there that try and have you off.. i went on to the new York police site waiting for a reply don't hold my breath though? jp

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post