Articles - Nautical Tales

Categories

Search Articles

Articles - Nautical Tales

by Jim Procter Published on 5th November 2019 01:31 PM
MY TIME ON NORSE LINES “BETWA” I would start by saying that this was all a very long time ago, my first sailing as a young boy so I apologise for...
by Anthony Bird Published on 31st October 2019 03:19 PM
I am not too sure of the vessel but it was blue star and the only one I sailed in I believe it was the Sydney Star. We took 12 passengers to...
by Doc Vernon Published on 14th October 2019 09:29 PM
My mate and I had just ended our 8 days leave after a trip of 4 months to South Africa and New York in which we lost 13 ships. As we went into the...
by Doc Vernon Published on 28th September 2019 08:03 AM
I was in Argentina when Hitler invaded the Netherlands. I was a junior officer in the Netherlands Merchant Navy and we had just loaded about 10,000...
by Doc Vernon Published on 28th May 2019 06:38 AM
A Sea Story One of the worst maritime disasters in European history took placea decade ago. It remains very much in the public eye. On a...
by Alan Rawlinson Published on 15th May 2019 03:38 PM
Bank Line's M.V. "Southbank", and her sister ships. Post war, the iconic Bank Line commenced a rebuilding programme which was to accel...
by AJ Hawker Published on 24th January 2019 11:33 AM
'La Pradera', Arrived Durban SA 17th Dec 1962 with a cargo of Phosphate from Morocco, then to pick up a cargo of sugar for the UK. On Christmas Eve...
by David Anderson Published on 22nd January 2019 08:55 PM
Some years ago I joined a supply boat in Macae, Brasil, as Chief Engineer, it was operated by a German Captain with Philipino and Brazilian crew...
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive