Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles

by Doc Vernon Published on 4th October 2016 07:09 PM
WORKING BY THE SURREY It was early November 1967,I was at home in Yalding with my parents and sisters on a nice day, when the postman arrived...
by Doc Vernon Published on 2nd October 2016 08:13 PM
Like the cast in yet another maritime drama, the French Line's Liberte was a near-loss and plays a part in our new book The Andrea Doria & Other.....
by Robert Moorhouse Published on 12th September 2016 07:00 PM
Just read an old post about jumping ship.I was on the HERMISTON Chapman@Willan we had just finished the west coast of the states about to leave SAN...
by Ken Trehearne Published on 24th August 2016 05:09 AM
Having signed on 'Barnby' as EDH at Avonmouth on 20th October 1950 I joined other deck guys on board - as one did. Grumblings abounded. Deck cabins...
by Doc Vernon Published on 16th August 2016 08:19 PM
DUQUESA THE ONE I REFUSED It was September 1960, and I was still at home waiting for the seaman’s strike to end. I had just celebrated my 18th...
by Doc Vernon Published on 14th August 2016 07:51 PM
A CHILEAN VOYAGE ON THE ULSTER STAR It was the end of March 1961 and raining, and my leave ashore was about to end, so I started to pack and...
by Doc Vernon Published on 14th August 2016 07:50 PM
ARGENTINA ON THE ROYSTON GRANGE VOYAGE ONE I had reported to the federation offices in the royal group docks on Monday 5th September, and was...
by Doc Vernon Published on 14th August 2016 07:48 PM
SUGAR IMPORTER TO TRINIDAD It was Monday the 28th March 1960 and I was at home and my leave was about to end, so I started to pack my things and....
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive