Articles - Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles - Articles

by Peter Copley Published on 12th January 2021 12:35 PM
An unwanted fire anywhere is a bad thing – An unwanted fire at sea is downright dangerous. A fire safety poster I once saw on one of my ships said;...
by Charles Webb Cooper Published on 12th January 2021 02:57 AM
My uncle, Percy Appleby, was Chief Steward of the "Huntsman" when it was sunk by the 'Graf Spee' very early iin the war. and he was taken ab...
by Peter Copley Published on 7th January 2021 12:16 PM
Although I’m fairly new to this site, I can’t help noticing the many references to women of the world’s seaports. They may be innoce...
by Peter Copley Published on 3rd January 2021 04:32 PM
I read with great interest the article on the sinking of the MV Pool Fisher in 1979. A tragic and upsetting event for all those involved in the...
by Paul Johnson Published on 3rd January 2021 01:10 PM
Hi All, This is a story that pays homage to possibly the best Captain I sailed with, as I worked in the galley one could say that a Captain had...
by Peter Copley Published on 24th December 2020 08:02 PM
I’m sure there have been many worst Christmas’s at sea than my Christmas at sea in 1966, but this was my worst. Sailing between the Great Lakes and...
by Brian Probetts (Site Admin) Published on 7th December 2020 09:19 AM
75th anniversary of British Loyalty wreck to be celebrated By FATHMATH ZUNAAM November 28, 2020 The British Loyalty ship submerged in....
by Brian Probetts (Site Admin) Published on 1st December 2020 10:10 AM
My thanks to Cliff Phillips for this not to be forgotten article. 15-year-old James Nicholson Meeks from South Shields boarded SS Peterton bound....
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive